Microwave???????????

Cruisedeacon

NCL has a department called the access desk. This department does their best to make crusing accessible to people with all sorts of needs, including dietary. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=AccessibleCruising

I don't think I have ever seen a microwave and I wouldn't expect to as there are restrictions on what trypes of food you can bring on board, as well as it would likely be a fire hazard, as well as difficult to keep sanitary.

I suggest you call the access desk and see what they can do to assist you.

Need to know if there is a microwave that the public can use while on the SPIRIT... my wife is on a special diet that requires her to use a microwave for some of the food... anyone help???:)

I know as part of the Norwegian Spirit's renovations in the recent dry dock that they added a small kitchen area to the Raffles Court which included a microwave (according to a good source onboard the ship). They do have them but for crew usage. The voltage in the cabin wouldn't be able to support one being in there. I would call the dietary department and ask and make contact with the Executive Chef when you board or Guest Relations to work out the details. I don't forsee there being any problem as long as it's during normal dining times (ie, not at 1AM). Do report back on your progress. :)

Unless something has changed recently, there are fridges available in many staterooms. You just may have to ask your room steward to empty the mini-bar contents from it before you can use it.

I thought the SPIRIT was the only NCL ship that DOES NOT have a fridge because of the wonky electrical system. Have they upgraded some cabins?

Unless something has changed recently, there are fridges available in many staterooms. You just may have to ask your room steward to empty the mini-bar contents from it before you can use it.

Hi everyone

Staying in a OV room on the GEM. Does it have a bar fridge?

I thought the SPIRIT was the only NCL ship that DOES NOT have a fridge because of the wonky electrical system. Have they upgraded some cabins?

Sorry, I somehow missed that this was specifically for the Spirit, not the fleet in general! Yes, Spirit is the only one without fridges.

Must read more carefully next time :o:)

wow... got the answer but not what I had hoped for... the young lady I spoke to advised she would try and get an answer for me... took the information (do I need it in the room?, would the chef have to cook this food?, is it pre packaged?, would I need it more than a couple of times during the day? would it be after hours for the kitchen? ) She put me on hold for a very short period of time .... returned and advised that they were unable to accomodate us in any fashion...

Hmmm... DW is trying to make herself healthy by sticking with a medically prescribed diet folks...

How about a little help...

I do understand there a rules.... but really...:(

They asked if the diet was only for the specific week of the cruise... come on....

We booked the cruise last Friday because they are trying to fill the ship... we are strong Royal Carribbean travelers....

didnt need to spend money but liked their deal... we really do like their ships...

Work with me NCL....:o

They asked if the diet was only for the specific week of the cruise... come on....

We booked the cruise last Friday because they are trying to fill the ship... we are strong Royal Carribbean travelers....

didnt need to spend money but liked their deal... we really do like their ships...

It may be unfortunate but if they don't or can't provide them, they can't or won't. I doubt you would get a different answer were you to ask Royal Caribbean, or most other lines, the same question. You may just have to find another vacation option.

wow... got the answer but not what I had hoped for... the young lady I spoke to advised she would try and get an answer for me... took the information (do I need it in the room?, would the chef have to cook this food?, is it pre packaged?, would I need it more than a couple of times during the day? would it be after hours for the kitchen? ) She put me on hold for a very short period of time .... returned and advised that they were unable to accomodate us in any fashion...

Hmmm... DW is trying to make herself healthy by sticking with a medically prescribed diet folks...

How about a little help...

I do understand there a rules.... but really...:(

I understand you are wanting your wife to healthy.

The questions you mentioned you were asked did seem to be reasonable questions.

I think it is very hard for anyone to respond whether what you are asking has previously been able to be done for anyone because you give very little details so I'm not sure what it is you want with the exception of a microwave in the cabin. Which as stated earlier it doesn't seem the spirit electrical would handle it.

It's not clear what you want? A personal microwave won't work due to power issues. They can't let you use a food service microwave due to food safety issues. Depending on what it is, they might be able to heat something for you, but you've not described what it is you want heated. That could be an issue? What are you heating?

First of all I want to state I am not upset about this... just trying to keep my DW on her diet...

She has pre packaged food that needs water added to it and microwaved for 2 mins... 4 times a day

8mins times 7 days

thats it

OK I think I'm understanding now. Sorry NCL couldn't help you with this.

So I'm wondering: How do they heat up baby food?

Thats a very good question. I personally came from a generation where nuking was not thought to be safe for babyfood and always asked in restaurants for a 1/3 coffee cup filled with boiling water to plunk the jar in to warm. But now a days I'd bet you they do.

LOL OP so there's an idea. Go to the buffet personel, hand them the dish and ask if they'd mind nuking that for 2 mins for your "little darling". They'd be no wiser whether you were talking about your wife or a little one with you. They'd probably just think it was a baby food dish they never seen. ;)

Sorry I realize this is not a laughing matter to you or your wife but just grasping at straws to a fix.

Actually I agree with the one poster who stated what they do on board is different than what you are told on land.

Archived