Demograhics

Pop-I

I would think then as 45 y.o's we shouldn't feel out of place?:confused:

Just ignore all talk of `'QTips` etc., and coming from one who is just in her 50's and also like you going on our first Seabourn Cruise Next week :D , you'll be fine (we loved our first cruise on Silversea last year and I think the demographics are very similar)

You will meet lots of people (if you want to of course) - some who will behave their age, and some - thank goodness, who don't ;):):)!

Happy sailing!

Just ignore all talk of `'QTips` etc., and coming from one who is just in her 50's and also like you going on our first Seabourn Cruise Next week :D , you'll be fine (we loved our first cruise on Silversea last year and I think the demographics are very similar)

You will meet lots of people (if you want to of course) - some who will behave their age, and some - thank goodness, who don't ;):):)!

Happy sailing!

Great to know ...thanks for sharing. Wopuld be curious to read a review from you after you come back from your first Seabourn cruise.

Great to know ...thanks for sharing. Wopuld be curious to read a review from you after you come back from your first Seabourn cruise.

I'll write a review with pleasure (I did one for the Silver Whisper last year - you'll find it under all my posts) and post it on CC. When are you off on your cruise?

I'll write a review with pleasure (I did one for the Silver Whisper last year - you'll find it under all my posts) and post it on CC. When are you off on your cruise?

Dec 2nd in Athens on the Legend for 44 days!...can't wait :D...goat urine or no urine...LOL.;)

Dec 2nd in Athens on the Legend for 44 days!...can't wait :D...goat urine or no urine...LOL.;)

Just been reading the champagne saga .... and laughing! ... mmmm or would that be Mumm, pay no notice .... it's all a bit of a game. LOL!

I have found (and no doubt will get some response to this) that on CC there are certainly those, who because they have sailed on a particular line/ship many times, think they know it all:eek:, and those, like us, who are looking forward to our own voyage of discovery.

I will happily tell you of the offerings when we come back albeit we will be on a different ship.

44 days - how wonderful - enjoy enjoy enjoy:)

Just been reading the champagne saga .... and laughing! ... mmmm or would that be Mumm, pay no notice .... it's all a bit of a game. LOL!

I have found (and no doubt will get some response to this) that on CC there are certainly those, who because they have sailed on a particular line/ship many times, think they know it all:eek:, and those, like us, who are looking forward to our own voyage of discovery.

I will happily tell you of the offerings when we come back albeit we will be on a different ship.

44 days - how wonderful - enjoy enjoy enjoy:)

I couldn't agree with you more...well said about the "King Pins" on here..LOL:rolleyes:

Ah, the mysteries of our shared language. Now I know what Q-Tips are. We call them cotton buds this size of the pond.

Interestingly they were invented by Leo Gerstenzang in 1923 after watching his wife struggle with cotton wool on the end of a toothpick. He called them " Baby Gays" ( honestly). Presciently the name was quickly changed.

My own observations on Seabourn indicate a fair smattering of bald pates among the baby gays - sorry Q-tips.. Does Jane have a name for these?

the Bald Pates are often referred to as "Cue Balls".:eek::D

the Bald Pates are often referred to as "Cue Balls".:eek::D

How Cute.:eek:

Interestingly Russian balls are bigger than American balls which are in turn bigger than British balls - on the pool table. A little known fact . Trivia anyone?

How Cute.:eek:

Interestingly Russian balls are bigger than American balls which are in turn bigger than British balls - on the pool table. A little known fact . Trivia anyone?

I can really see this thread taking a strange turn now.:D:eek:

Little Orphan Annie was, of course, written and drawn by Harold Gray.....

....and so we begin to turn full circle....

What was this thread about originally????

Clever. Yes ( demo) graphics - do I win the prize?

But also age, attitude and hippness, all well illustrated by the posts on this thread. I guess the OP now gets a taste of what to expect from ( some) fellow cruisers. I hope he/she liked the flavour.

Clever. Yes ( demo) graphics - do I win the prize?

"Yes, you won the smarties!" LOL!

But also age, attitude and hippness, all well illustrated by the posts on this thread. I guess the OP now gets a taste of what to expect from ( some) fellow cruisers. I hope he/she liked the flavour.

Well said and to add my tuppence worth (again;)) - a great bunch who are witty, funny and although we may have different views, we accept (usually) others' views with great grace and agree to agree to differ with the same grace (I think :p)

I am waiting with anticipation of thon Yorkshire Lad to repost with a fair smattering of wit!

This time next week ..... sailaway looming :D

Well said and to add my tuppence worth (again;)) - a great bunch who are witty, funny and although we may have different views, we accept (usually) others' views with great grace and agree to agree to differ with the same grace (I think :p)

I am waiting with anticipation of thon Yorkshire Lad to repost with a fair smattering of wit!

This time next week ..... sailaway looming :D

'

'ow do.

Actually, Rabbie says it all - " nae man ( or woman) can tether time or tide".

So, go with the flow and have a great time on your cruise.

Tarra.

Archived