Thermal suites and Hydrotherapy pool cost

Tender Lee

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, you can pay per day if they have not sold out. They say that they only sell so many passes.??. Sometimes I question that...

I have found those type of venues to be EMPTY! maybe a person or two, but never sold out.

Westerdam: Anyone know the hours of operation ?? Thanks

On the MS Eurodam last week, the hours were 8am to 10pm. I paid $149.00 for a 7 night cruise. I am assuming that the hours would be the same on the MS Westerdam. I booked the TS/Hydropool once I was onboard. Well worth the cost and oh soooo relaxing! Hope that you decide to book it for yourself! Happy cruising and hope that you enjoy the MS Westerdam!

We have used this and got our moneys worth out if t. On the first couple of days it was busy, but then it fell off markedly.

One problem is that when it is busy there IS a time that you are supposed to stay that is posted right by the heated benches.

Unfortunately most ignored or did not see it and hogged the beds for a very long time. Once we got a bench we checked our watches and said" Ok, we are supposed to be here no more than 20 min when busy, the time is xxx. so we have until xxx"

Most people took the hint and gradually left so that others could take a turn. I do not think that the majority of the people stayed overlong because they were rude, I think that in spite of the sign being front and center (on a fountain in the center of the window) it needs to be a bit bigger and perhaps hanging over the windows on both sides of the fountain.

I think that you lay on the bench and your gaze goes to the view, and not to the fountain. Something hanging down just a little, right above the windows may be seen by more people.

One problem is that when it is busy there IS a time that you are supposed to stay that is posted right by the heated benches.

Unfortunately most ignored or did not see it and hogged the beds for a very long time. Once we got a bench we checked our watches and said" Ok, we are supposed to be here no more than 20 min when busy, the time is xxx. so we have until xxx"

Most people took the hint and gradually left so that others could take a turn. I do not think that the majority of the people stayed overlong because they were rude, I think that in spite of the sign being front and center (on a fountain in the center of the window) it needs to be a bit bigger and perhaps hanging over the windows on both sides of the fountain.

I think that you lay on the bench and your gaze goes to the view, and not to the fountain. Something hanging down just a little, right above the windows may be seen by more people.

Honestly, based on my personal experience, while I think there are some that may be "thermal chair hogs", I really think it is because people become so relaxed there and fall asleep. I don't wear a watch on a cruise so I'm dependant on the clock on the wall, but I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep and woke myself up from snoring (very embarassing). :o :o

Honestly, based on my personal experience, while I think there are some that may be "thermal chair hogs", I really think it is because people become so relaxed there and fall asleep. I don't wear a watch on a cruise so I'm dependant on the clock on the wall, but I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep and woke myself up from snoring (very embarassing). :o :o

Me too! Same thing happens when I have a facial or massage. :p

249 for 10 nights for a couple on the Noordam earlier this year and they closed it at 10pm. We were always the last ones there and the staff goty used to us and said they would flash the lights when they were getting ready to close up to give us a awake up on the thermal beds and a warning to shower and dress.

• 3 weeks later...
On the MS Eurodam last week, the hours were 8am to 10pm. I paid $149.00 for a 7 night cruise. I am assuming that the hours would be the same on the MS Westerdam. I booked the TS/Hydropool once I was onboard. Well worth the cost and oh soooo relaxing! Hope that you decide to book it for yourself! Happy cruising and hope that you enjoy the MS Westerdam!

Hi, was that a charge for one person or for two in a cabin?

We were upgraded to a spa cabin on the recent TA of the Nieuw Amsterdam. We paid $250 for the thermo pool. Because of bad weather the pool was closed for I believe 3 days - and no refund was offered - explanation - you could use the pool more then once a day thereby making up for the lost time. One day (more then half way through the cruise) while leafing through the printed material on the desk I happened upon a letter welcoming us to our cabin and also some "goodies" because we had a spa cabin. One of the "goodies" was a free pass to the thermo pool. Had I have see this on the first day of the cruise and used it, I might not have spent the $$$ that we did. DH has a different opinion - he loved it!!

Just to add additional data points to this discussion: I paid $150 for one person full cruise on a 21 day Amsterdam cruise a couple of years ago (See below signature to see when....). Got this rate upon embarkation.

Met a lady one week into the cruise who had just signed up and paid $199 for the remaining 14 days.

The pool (like hot tub but briney and good and hot) was closed for the last 3 or 4 days due to Code Red but the loungers and aromatherapy showers and sauna were still available - of course no compensation expected.

I used it almost every day and it was usually near empty, only oe time were all the loungers in use.

Next cruise will be 24 days and port heavy, 6 sea days, and with the much higher prices I'm hearing now I may not buy it. I need to learn what Maasdam has for a T-spa, if any?

m--

Archived