Cheese tray question......

alb1956

Oh boy, that cheese IS delicious! And if you ask for it as an appetizer and eat it with the bread it's even deliciouser!

Our first cruise we were in a party of 17 people and our tables used to order 2 or 3 cheese plates per table almost every night!

They usually have some grapes with brie, blue cheese, gouda, and a few more. When DD was little, cheese and grapes were some of the few things she would eat. We asked the waiter if he could have them with appetizers. He always had the plate waiting in her spot when we got there each night!

She still orders it each night!

Here's a photo of the cheese plate that I got this summer on the Spirit. The cheese was great, the fruit was fine, the bread was a bit too dry and tateless. I belive it was a date/nut bread.

DSC05192.jpg

Can't wait to order that a few times!!

Can you get it to go? I would love to take that up to the room and have a nice little snack with DH... Will they wrap it up for you?

I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

Can you get it to go? I would love to take that up to the room and have a nice little snack with DH... Will they wrap it up for you?

We asked for a clean napkin to cover the plate and took it back to the cabin for a late night snack. I think the cheese plate is also on the cabin service menu.:)

Does anyone know about the cheese tray they have on the dinner menu......is it an extra charge if you order it or is it included with the dinner?? (free)

Just so you know, EVERYTHING and even multiple orders of everything is free in the MDRs, Lido Buffet, Pizza, Deli, Grille, Sushi bar and Room Service........

You can even order cappucino and espresso in the MDR at any meal without an additional charge.

everywhere is free EXCEPT the Pastry Shop, the Specialty Restaurant and if they are still doing a trial on some ships that don't have a specialty restaurant you can order a better steak in the MDR that is for a charge but it is clearly marked on the menu.

I just thought I would add this since your question came across as someone who hadn't cruised on Carnival very much.

We asked for a clean napkin to cover the plate and took it back to the cabin for a late night snack. I think the cheese plate is also on the cabin service menu.:)

I've often ordered the cheese plate in place of dessert after I've had too many days of eating too much. Ordering it in the dining room to take back to the cabin is a good idea. Most of the time when I've ordered a cheese plate from room service they've just given me a few thin slices of cheese, similar to what you'd find at the buffet for breakfast. The dining room plate is much nicer.

Yes you can get it to go. We've done that and they just bring it to you on a covered plate. The newbies at our table were amazed. lol

Sewut