Emerald Dilemma

2little time

I would like to take the 12 day Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale next fall. I would like a suite. Looking at what is available I see that C750 aft and the two Emerald deck afts and the Riviera deck midships are all that are left other than the two forward suites on the Lido deck. From what I have read the balconies on the Riviera deck suites are tiny, the Lido forwards do not allow balcony use while in transit, the Emerald afts are noisy due to being above Fusion and C750 is small and stinky from the nearby vent. Am I right on these? I do not want to spend the high price for a suite and then be unhappy so I am appreciative of any comments.:)

Of those choices, I would take C750. It is not adjacent to the vent with another suite between it and the center vent. While the balcony is a little less deep than those on Dolphin and Emerald, it is still deeper than any other side balcony and just as wide as the other PS suites. My other choice would be the starboard Emerald deck suite (E733), it is not over the stage and is not a noisy location. They are both VS, which IS smaller than the PS, 535 vs. 370. I would not take a Riviera deck midship due to noise from scraping tables and chairs.

I would like to take the 12 day Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale next fall. I would like a suite. Looking at what is available I see that C750 aft and the two Emerald deck afts and the Riviera deck midships are all that are left other than the two forward suites on the Lido deck. From what I have read the balconies on the Riviera deck suites are tiny, the Lido forwards do not allow balcony use while in transit, the Emerald afts are noisy due to being above Fusion and C750 is small and stinky from the nearby vent. Am I right on these? I do not want to spend the high price for a suite and then be unhappy so I am appreciative of any comments.:)

Where are you looking at availability?? And what dates ?? Princess site ?? I really doubt the suites are sold out this far in advance. Plus, if you're coming to Canada, why do you want a suite - just like going to Alaska ... get outside and enjoy the view - balcony or less is just as good. :)

Where are you looking at availability?? And what dates ?? Princess site ?? I really doubt the suites are sold out this far in advance. Plus, if you're coming to Canada, why do you want a suite - just like going to Alaska ... get outside and enjoy the view - balcony or less is just as good. :)

The date is 10/26/12 and the ship is the Emerald Princess. I need a suite for the extra room for my wheelchair and the balcony is my freedom to the outside. The additional services offered in a suite make it much easier for me.

The date is 10/26/12 and the ship is the Emerald Princess. I need a suite for the extra room for my wheelchair and the balcony is my freedom to the outside. The additional services offered in a suite make it much easier for me.

You are aware that they have accessable cabins for ppl with wheelchairs?

They are balcony cabins but do not include the suite privledges.

Yes there are, but the remaining ones have issues. That is what I was hoping to have help with as far as choosing the "best of the worst".

OK - understand your desire for a suite, but without knowing what the 'issues' are it would be hard to recommend a cabin for you.

Archived