Transfer from Santiago Hotel to Port of Valparaiso

madcitymaven

We have booked the night before our cruise at the Santiago Marriott through =x=. The website says that all transfers and porterage are included. I'm wondering if this means we'll be bused to the port in Valparaiso the next day by =x=. I've called them with this question twice and received two different answers.

For those of you who have been through this experience before, could you kindly explain to me would we should expect? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Yes, if you have booked your hotel through Celebrity, they will organise transport from the hotel to the port. We have not stayed at the Santiagp Marriott yet - we will be there in December - but we usually book our pre- and post-cruise hotels through Celebrity.

You will receive vouchers for your hotel stay and transfers in your eDocs so be sure to print off those pages at least.

As, I believe, Celebrity only uses the Marriott in Santiago, there is likely to be a number of people staying at the hotel pre-cruise. Therefore, it is likely that a coach will be provided. You will receive actual details at your hotel when you check in. There may actually be a Celebrity representative waiting for you there.

If you are lucky, you will told to leave your luggage outside your room overnight and will not have to see it again until it arrives in your room on the ship. That is what happens in Barcelona and it is a great way to start the cruise.

Hope that helps.

Sue

We booked our hotel through Celebrity and yes, they took care of the transportation. If I remember correctly, it is a 1 1/2 hr beautiful drive to Valaperiso. Celebrity did a fantastic job with the hotel and transportation. No worries. Have a great time. You will enjoy this vacation so much.

I booked a private transfer/tour from Santiago to Valparaiso earlier this year and I was so glad that we didn't take the ships organized transfer with Princess. We had a tour within our transfer whereas the ships transfer is precisely that. From point A to B with no stops and those who did it were very disappointed that they saw none of the sights in Vin Del Mar and Valparaiso which were fantastic.

Do a search on the boards and try to find a local agent who will take you to the ship including the sights and perhaps a winery tour on the way. It was well worth it.

Yes, if you have booked your hotel through Celebrity, they will organise transport from the hotel to the port. We have not stayed at the Santiagp Marriott yet - we will be there in December - but we usually book our pre- and post-cruise hotels through Celebrity.

You will receive vouchers for your hotel stay and transfers in your eDocs so be sure to print off those pages at least.

As, I believe, Celebrity only uses the Marriott in Santiago, there is likely to be a number of people staying at the hotel pre-cruise. Therefore, it is likely that a coach will be provided. You will receive actual details at your hotel when you check in. There may actually be a Celebrity representative waiting for you there.

If you are lucky, you will told to leave your luggage outside your room overnight and will not have to see it again until it arrives in your room on the ship. That is what happens in Barcelona and it is a great way to start the cruise.

Hope that helps.

Sue

Thanks so much for your detailed response, Sue!

Archived