Current Mariner of The Seas Menu

Can anyone direct me to the current 7 day menu for the Mariner? We are trying to figure out what evening to make reservations at Chops.

Check over here where we have 7-day menus posted:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1505903

Keep in mind that what days certain menus are offered can change from ship to ship and from cruise to cruise. Probably the best way to figure it out is to look at the menu list and on your first day ask your waiter or head waiter what day that menu is being offered and then make your reservations for Chops.

That memu seems a little different from our 7 nt. Navigator cruise this past summer. I remember the scallops risotto near the first of the cruise because I kept asking for it the rest of the time.

Also, I don't remember a couple of the things you listed, but they may still have been there.

Did they change the menus after July?

That memu seems a little different from our 7 nt. Navigator cruise this past summer. I remember the scallops risotto near the first of the cruise because I kept asking for it the rest of the time.

Also, I don't remember a couple of the things you listed, but they may still have been there.

Did they change the menus after July?

I think they did. I believe the menu that had parmesan-crusted turkey tenderloin has been changed out and certain items on the menu that had house terrine as an appetizer have been changed.

Do you think the Mariner's menus will change once she gets to Texas?

Probably not. MDR menus are standard fleet-wide.

Thanks - this gives us a good idea what to expect. I will definitely check with them after we get on the ship, then make our reservations. We chose the "My Time" dining, and already requested 7:00 seating for each night. Has anyone tried this, and did you have to wait long to be seated?

Got off Mariner last month in the Mediterranean and honestly the dining room food was the worst I've had on any RCI ship. We ate at Chops 2 nights (out of 12) and wish we would have done more.

No lobster, that's an "American thing" which I didn't care because I don't eat it anyway but rest of the group complained. They said lobster would be back when the ship returned to the Caribbean.

From other past cruises...the first night you aren't missing anything that will knock your socks off so book Chops your first night. We found the first night had better service (faster) then the other night. Besides our group there were maybe 3 other full tables all night. There were new appetizers and sides that they did not have on Serenade in February. Can't get enough of Chops! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks - this gives us a good idea what to expect. I will definitely check with them after we get on the ship, then make our reservations. We chose the "My Time" dining, and already requested 7:00 seating for each night. Has anyone tried this, and did you have to wait long to be seated?

We had a 7:00 MTD reservation on the TA. To be honest, we showed up around 7:15 most of the time. We never waited long to be seated. Service wasn't real great. We had to forgo dessert a couple of times to make the 9:00 show. Because we were Diamond+, we had reserve seating in the balcony for the shows so we didn't have to rush to get a seat if you got there before 8:50 when they lowered the ropes but we still had to hustle.

Service was worse in the MDR where we ate breakfast and lunch. I heard complaints about it at dinner. They have those waiters loaded down with too many people to give service like they used to be able to do. I think it has frustrated them because I found their attitude lackadaisical. No attempt to apologize for delays or give an excuse. Just got a shrug. Many times I saw "white shirts" pitching in to help things along.

Tucker in Texas

I've heard the same about the spotty breakfast and lunch service. We only used the MDR for dinner on our last cruise. So far there seem to be a lot of complaints from people getting off the Mariner in Galveston. I am really hoping things get straightened out over the next 6 weeks! Hopefully we will get someone to confirm the menu.

We just got off on Sunday and from what I can remember the menu's posted in the first link look pretty much correct but the Day's are different. However, Day 5 was Thanksgiving so I'm sure they changed some things in order to have the Thanksgiving day menu.

Here is what I remember:

Our Day 1 matched the Day 1 listed

Our Day 2 matched the Day 2 listed

Our Day 3 I believe is what was listed as Day 4 (we did Chops this night)

Our Day 4 was what is listed as Day 3

Our Day 5 was Thanksgiving and was different then anything listed

Our Day 6 matched the Day 6 listed

Our Day 7 matched the Day 5 listed

We had great service in the dining room for breakfast and for lunch - no problems at all. And the food quality for breakfast and lunch in the dining room seemed pretty good. (We were seated in many different places for breakfast but had the same waiter each morning - after the 2nd time he knew exactly what my traditional breakfast order was.)

For dinner - the quality/taste, in our opinion, was definitely lacking. And desserts are not their fortay. Many of them tasted as though the pastry chef had mis-placed the sugar, vanilla, etc. (Although the Red Velvet cake in Chops was outstanding.)

One side note...I loved the Shrimp Goyza however the plate consisted of one small piece of limp leek with 4 dumplings on top. No other vegetables - no starch - nothing. So if you are going to have that for dinner definitely order some vegetables or something to go with it. It definitely looked more like an appetizer plate then an entree.

We just got off on Sunday and from what I can remember the menu's posted in the first link look pretty much correct but the Day's are different. However, Day 5 was Thanksgiving so I'm sure they changed some things in order to have the Thanksgiving day menu.

Here is what I remember:

Our Day 1 matched the Day 1 listed

Our Day 2 matched the Day 2 listed

Our Day 3 I believe is what was listed as Day 4 (we did Chops this night)

Our Day 4 was what is listed as Day 3

Our Day 6 matched the Day 6 listed

Our Day 7 matched the Day 5 listed

We had great service in the dining room for breakfast and for lunch - no problems at all. And the food quality for breakfast and lunch in the dining room seemed pretty good. (We were seated in many different places for breakfast but had the same waiter each morning - after the 2nd time he knew exactly what my traditional breakfast order was.)

For dinner - the quality/taste, in our opinion, was definitely lacking. And desserts are not their fortay. Many of them tasted as though the pastry chef had mis-placed the sugar, vanilla, etc. (Although the Red Velvet cake in Chops was outstanding.)

One side note...I loved the Shrimp Goyza however the plate consisted of one small piece of limp leek with 4 dumplings on top. No other vegetables - no starch - nothing. So if you are going to have that for dinner definitely order some vegetables or something to go with it. It definitely looked more like an appetizer plate then an entree.

Thanks! We were on Mariner out of San Pedro for Thanksgiving cruise last year and I recall that the menu there also switched Days 3 and 4 and special menu for Thanksgiving Day. But can anyone on recent cruises out of Galveston please confirm whether the Days 3 and 4 are "switched" for "normal" cruise or are as listed on the thread? We're trying to figure out which day to go to Portofino (maybe both!!).

Thanks very much.

VR,

T Lex

Thanks Xkritter - I'll be interested in seeing what the menu looks like on these Non-holiday sailings, as the special meal may have switched few of the meals around.

Has anyone posted the daily Compass' yet?

T-Bone, are you on one of the Roatan, Belize, Cozumel itineraries or the other one? Asking because I wonder if they are "switching" between itineraries although I strongly doubt it.

VR,

T Lex

Archived