Alcohol Question

bocatraveler09

I see reference to "beverage cards" but wonder if HAL sells bottles that can be kept for drinks in your cabin. I haven't cruised on HAL in many years and I drink more now:)

Thanks.

Yes you can either purchase onboard or order ahead online.

If you order ahead be sure to specify "delivery at sea" to avoid any local sales tax that might be levied in port. (it will most likely already be in you cabin when you arrive anyway)

You can buy alcohol for cabin consumption.

Price list that you can either order from Ship Services (1-800-541-1576) or from room service when you get on the ship or from HAL online under indulgences.

Note: 15% gratuity included:

Alcohol and Spirits -- the Alcohol bottles are 1 liter size.

VODKA: CHOPIN $70.15

VODKA: STOLICHNAYA $29.90

VODKA: ABSOLUT - CITRON $32.20

VODKA: SMIRNOFF $27.60

VODKA: SKYY $28.75

VODKA: ABSOLUT $32.20

VODKA: GREY GOOSE $69.00

VODKA: FINLANDIA $29.90

VODKA: BELVEDERE $70.15

VODKA: TANGUERAY STERLING $35.65

Kahlua $36.80

Vodka & Tonic Package $34.50

One bottle of Smirnoff or Stolichnaya, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

Bourbon & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Jim Beam, 3 Cans of Coke

Rum & Coke Package $39.10

One bottle of Bacardi, 3 cans of Coke

SHERRY: HARVEY'S MEDIUM no price found

SHERRY: TIO PEPE $57.50

TEQUILA: JOSE QUERVO GOLD $34.50

COGNAC: HENNESSY VS $93.15

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN VSOP $97.75

COGNAC: REMY MARTIN XO $225.40

WHISKEY - IRISH: JAMESON $42.55

Cutty Sark $32.20

WHISKEY: CANADIAN CLUB $32.20

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS V.O. $29.90

WHISKEY: CROWN ROYAL $42.55

WHISKEY: SEAGRAMS 7 $29.90

Scotch & Soda Package $36.80

One bottle of Cutty Sark, 3 Cans of Soda Water

Gin & Tonic Package $36.80

One bottle Beefeaters Gin, 3 Cans of Tonic Water

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

Sherry Harvey's Med - $57.50

6pack (Domestic) Budweiser, Bud Light - $21.85

3 X soft drinks (any soda) - $4.89

All minibar Liquor Items, each - $5.69

Missed Whiskey/Scotch:

Jim Beam - $34.50

J&B Rare, Johnnie Walker Red - $36.80

Ballentine's - $40.25

Dewars - $48.30

Jack Daniels - $55.20

Chivas Regal (12yrs) - $66.70

Johnnie Walker Black - $77.05

GIN:

Beefeater - $32.20

Tanqueray - $41.40

Bombay Sapphire - $42.55

LIQUEURS:

Kahlua, Southern Comfort - $36.80

Bailey's Irish Cream - $46.00

Sambuca (Opal Nera Black) - $47.15

Tia Maria - $49.45

Amaretto - $51.75

Cointreau - $55.20

Drambuie - $58.65

Grand Marnier - $74.75

RUM:

Myers - $32.20

Bacardi Gold - $34.50

Bacardi White - $35.65

The bottle prices are not too bad about double retail when you consider what you will pay in the bars for drinks. You can also bring aboard mixers like soda and quinine water and even margarita mix. I also take a case of wine aboard with me for cabin consumption too. I do not drink any more than before or less than before:D

We always order a couple of bottles for our cabin.

We enjoy having a drink out on the verandah watching sail-aways or just watch the activity on shore or just relaxing watching the ocean go by.

30 days from now that will be my wife and I on the verandah of the Nieuw Amsterdam:D

I was looking at purchasing one of the beverage cards - however, I had 3 choices - In Cabin at Sea, In Cabin in Port and Dining. Does that mean that the same beverage card cannot be used all over the ship? and do I puchase the 'Dining' one if I want to use it in one of the bars? :confused: (I understand about the extra taxes in Port so don't want that one!)

I was looking at purchasing one of the beverage cards - however, I had 3 choices - In Cabin at Sea, In Cabin in Port and Dining. Does that mean that the same beverage card cannot be used all over the ship? and do I puchase the 'Dining' one if I want to use it in one of the bars? :confused: (I understand about the extra taxes in Port so don't want that one!)
That just indicates where you want the card delivered to you. In the U.S. the best choice is "at sea" due to tax reasons. It will probably be waiting in your cabin. The card can be used all over the ship.

When I was on the Zuiderdam in July, beverage cards could be purchased at any bar on the ship. It wasn't limited to cabin, port or dining. You could use it anywhere to purchase any kind of beverage, i.e., soda, specialty coffee, wine, beer, martini or whatever you wanted. They were simply called "Beverage Cards." However, I don't think you could use it for beverages delivered to your cabin through room service as there is no way for them to slide the card to charge it.

I think that it is worth noting that HAL's price per bottle is about 1/2 of what one would pay on "X". Have actually been researching a 14 day on the Eclipse in March 2013. With a military discount the pricing for the cruise is very good compared with what we would pay for a "B" on Maasdam. Still thinking about it.

When I was on the Zuiderdam in July, beverage cards could be purchased at any bar on the ship. It wasn't limited to cabin, port or dining. You could use it anywhere to purchase any kind of beverage, i.e., soda, specialty coffee, wine, beer, martini or whatever you wanted. They were simply called "Beverage Cards." However, I don't think you could use it for beverages delivered to your cabin through room service as there is no way for them to slide the card to charge it.

OK - I can understand that - I will just have to make sure that I have a 'reasonable' amount stocked already on boarding :D

Archived