Princess Platinum travel insurance claim

choochella

Unfortunately, my DH and I had to cancel our upcoming Princess cruise. My DH had to have emergency eye surgery. I had purchased the Princess Platinum travel insurance and have already made a claim.

My question, has anyone ever filed a claim for cruise fare reimbursement and if so, what were your experiences? We have cruised many times with Princess, but have never had to file any type of insurance claim.

I'm just curious of any other posters stories whether good, bad or otherwise, and need to know what to expect.

Thanks for your responses.

We had a cancel a cruise when DH had emergency heart procedure.Got the forms from Berkley,had doctor fill it out and received a full refund.No problem.The worst it would have been is a cruise credit for 100% cost of cruise,with Platinum insurance.

Someone just asked me and I don't know the answer. Do you get the cost of the insurance returned along with the cruise fare? And what about airfare and hotel costs?

No, you do not recieve the cost of the insurance back, just the fare for the cruise/port fees/taxes. I think with the airfare it depends on wheather you booked air through Princess.

Refund the insurance premium? Think about what you are asking: if you were refunded the cost of the insurance, that would constitute cancellation of your policy and they would no longer be obligated to refund your cruise!

The Government Fees and Taxes will be refunded direct to you immediately upon notice of cancellation as Princess no longer has to pay them as soon as your name is removed from the manifest. The remainder of what you paid directly to Princess will be paid to you by the insurance, air and packages included. Note that in the case where you are only entitled to a future cruise credit and you had booked air with Princess, you will only be credited the face value of the ticket which is usually less that the invoice amount.

Had an accident and had to cancel our b2b's on the Diamond (Singapore to Beijing to Vancouver) for April.

Our TA cancelled with Princess who refunded some of paid balance based on the cancellation schedule. Sent in the signed doctor's form and the papers to Berkeley and within 3 weeks got the balance refunded.

Lucky for us we were using points for the hotel and airfare to Singapore and our TA dealt with Delta for us and got the points reinstated with no change or cancellation fees. So the only cost we ended up with was the original insurance cost.

My husband was admitted to ICU the day before we were to fly out. We had private insurance. (at this time, I can't think of who).... but during his 15 day hospital stay we had printed out the forms and had the dr's fill them out. Within a few weeks we had the total amount including airfare refunded to us. (minus premium). I will never cruise without insurance. I always gave it a second thought, saying it was was waste, but it totally paid off this time.

Thanks everyone for the comments. My only other question is, I had paid the deposit with future cruise credits. Will that $200 be placed back on my circle account, or will that be refunded also? My TA was not sure on this since I didn't purchase their insurance, but purchased the Princess Platinum insurance. Thanks for all your replies.

Archived