at what point

kbmeow

i have not heard of really deep discounts being offered, regardless of the timing. Check the "last minute deals" on NCL site or online agents and you will see some discounting, but not like 75% off or anything.

NCL starts heavy marketing after final payments are due, since they then know what they really have in inventory. Some calls to people to suggest up-sells. I would think that after the up-sells are done, the best discounts should be available....but no "walk up" deals at the pier, or anything less than 48 hours before sailing like in the old days.

Will NCL deeply discount rooms if at all. I would love to go on the 2 day out of Boston today but I am watching fir it to go last minute pricing. What are the odds of a deep discount?

The two times you are apt to see deep discounts if at all: right after groups release cabins (usually about 90 days out) and after final payments are due (75 days out) We have found the best prices are usually 9 months before sailing and then about 6 weeks before, but don't count on any greats deals, they have been few and far between lately.

NIta

Will NCL deeply discount rooms if at all. I would love to go on the 2 day out of Boston today but I am watching fir it to go last minute pricing. What are the odds of a deep discount?

I called my NCL PCC last night.

There was one balcony cabin left for $900 + for the 2 day ctn.

It will be a year ago in two weeks. I called an online TA about a last minute cruise on the Sky (4 days before). I was quoted a price of $119pp for a ocean view. In August of last year, I paid $409 for the same type of cabin. I passed on the deal and took the Pearl for about $350pp 3 days before cruise. I think it still come down to time of year as I have not seen deals like that through the year.:D

I'm even astonished to read there was one cabin available. Someone must have cancelled within the last 72 hours because I had heard it was sold out when I checked on Tuesday. Either way, the cruise to nowhere in Boston didn't drop in price at all. I had been watching the pricing like a hawk but given this weekend's weather, I'm rather pleased with my decision to wait and play Russian Roulette because with the weather at sea tomorrow PM and into Sunday... I'd much rather be at home. :)

forget the prices...that's just part of it. the port charges out of NYC are outrageous! this year's 1 nighter on the Gem (and i also did the Jewel)...heheheheh B2B CTNS...was about $90!!!

also, NCL realizes there are people in NYC that will pay the fares to get on the ship. why? because each person can purchase unlimited amount of duty free items from the shops. for any smoker living in NYC...you know how much a carton of cigarettes costs. when you are on the ship, you are basically paying a fraction! and you can take home suitcases full home.

How is this possible? i don't know the rules...but NCL advertises it as (and i'm paraphrasing) "unlimited duty free...we'll pay the duty".

Archived