Weather Feb 6 2012 Packing

wl'sgma

We are leaving Miami 2/6/12 going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Flying in so we want to pack light(carry on only). So the questions is bathing suits and shorts or shorts and carpi? Light jacket for every night? We will be leaving from a cold location so we will have one pair of jeans and a medium jacket with us. Thanks for your help

We are leaving Miami 2/6/12 going to Grand Turk' date=' Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Flying in so we want to pack light(carry on only). So the questions is bathing suits and shorts or shorts and carpi? Light jacket for every night? We will be leaving from a cold location so we will have one pair of jeans and a medium jacket with us. Thanks for your help[/quote']

You can possibly encounter temperatures as low as the mid 60's during the day to as high as the low 80's during the day. Night temperatures can range from the 40's to the upper 60's.

You need to make a last minute decision based on what is coming off the coast of Florida the week you cruise. It could be shorts, T-shirts and bathing suits, or it could be long pants, and jackets or sweatshirts the whole week.

Grand Turk is likely to be the warmest, with HMC and Nassau having about the same temperatures.

In 2006 we went to the Bahamas-(valentines week) The East Coast was having a sever cold front.

The Nassau and Freeport temps were mid 50's and windy. i was mildly shocked cause I always thought that they would be warmer.

I don't know where OP is from but in Florida if it's 70 outside we're wearing coats! The Caribbean is beautiful. Leaving from Miami is a guess.

From NC and at 70 we are wearing shorts and t-shirts, although I know its a little cooler on the water. Can't wait to get there even in a coat!

The last few winters down here have been VERY cold. The problem is...the humidity. It makes it feel even colder. Then add wind, and it's freezing!!!

Course, we are spoiled and have the car heater on in the morning if it is 70 degrees, and mittens on if it's sixty. What wimps. Seriously, the weather can be quite cool during February even in the northern islands. Just bring a hoodie and jeans and sneakers. We saw people in Nassau wearing flip-flops, shorts and tank tops in 50 degree weather over Christmas one year. They must have been from the arctic circle. We looked like snowmen all wrapped up in scarves and any other piece of clothing we could find.

For our January cruises, we usually bring a hoodie sweatshirt and travel in either khakis or a pair of jeans. That way if it's really cold we have at least one warmer outfit. Other than that, it's mostly capris and shorts for me and DH brings mostly shorts. He usually has a couple pair of khakis for dinner he can use as well.

A few years ago we sailed from Baltimore the third week of May. Never thought to pack anything for cold weather - it was late May! Got to the port to upper 50s with a stiff wind blowing and drizzle. We had hoodies in the trunk of the car we weren't even going to take on the ship. I grabbed those at the last second. Thank goodness we brought them. The first morning out to sea temps were in the low 40s and it didn't really warm up until we hit Nassau. Even then, it was a bit cool. I didn't even have a pair of long pants with me - a pair of jeans capris and that hoodie got me through 2 days of cold and rough seas! It actually ended up being one of my favorite cruises. :D

The last few winters down here have been VERY cold. The problem is...the humidity. It makes it feel even colder. Then add wind, and it's freezing!!!

Course, we are spoiled and have the car heater on in the morning if it is 70 degrees, and mittens on if it's sixty. What wimps. Seriously, the weather can be quite cool during February even in the northern islands. Just bring a hoodie and jeans and sneakers. We saw people in Nassau wearing flip-flops, shorts and tank tops in 50 degree weather over Christmas one year. They must have been from the arctic circle. We looked like snowmen all wrapped up in scarves and any other piece of clothing we could find.

LOL - pulled into the first Florida rest stop on I-95 on New Year's Day on the way to a cruise. We left Virginia that morning to 16 degree temps and the car temp said 57 when we got to Florida. We jump out of the car in jeans and sweatshirts. The car to one side has Canada plates and a whole family in shorts and tank tops gets out talking about how nice the warmth is. The car on the other side has Miami-Dade Florida plates and the family piles out in puffy ski jackets, gloves, and scarves wrapped practically around their faces. :p It's all a matter of perspective!

We are leaving Miami 2/6/12 going to Grand Turk' date=' Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Flying in so we want to pack light(carry on only). So the questions is bathing suits and shorts or shorts and carpi? Light jacket for every night? We will be leaving from a cold location so we will have one pair of jeans and a medium jacket with us. Thanks for your help[/quote']

February weather is FL is funny, we use to live there and some Febs it was nice out (shorts weather) but more recent it's colder. 2 yrs ago we were there for a week and I wore my winter coat for 6 days ( I get cold easy) dh wore a spring jacket, but the 7th day we were actually laying on the beach, lol This was in the port canaveral area. We're leaving on the dream in Feb, I plan on leaving/flying in with dressy type sweats ( cuz they're light to pack) washing them on the cruise and wearing the same ones to fly back to PA, whoever takes us to the airport takes are winter coats home and gives them to whoever picks us up at the airport for us

I live in Florida and in February I am wearing my winter wardrobe which is jeans or chinos , a tee shirt and a cotton sweater . I would pack jeans for Florida and then capri's or shorts for the rest of the trip and throw in a hoodie and a sweater.Also pack your bathing suit and cover up .

LOL - pulled into the first Florida rest stop on I-95 on New Year's Day on the way to a cruise. We left Virginia that morning to 16 degree temps and the car temp said 57 when we got to Florida. We jump out of the car in jeans and sweatshirts. The car to one side has Canada plates and a whole family in shorts and tank tops gets out talking about how nice the warmth is. The car on the other side has Miami-Dade Florida plates and the family piles out in puffy ski jackets, gloves, and scarves wrapped practically around their faces. :p It's all a matter of perspective!

This about sums it up on weather perspective.

We cruised out of Miami 2/5 this year to San Juan, St Thomas, HMC and Grand Turk. I always bring a light jacket and some light pants for the evenings because it can get cold and I always feel it is cold in the evenings on the ship (but also I always tend to be a little cold). We live in Minnesota (right by the border to North Dakota) and I am from ND so we come from a cold area too!

I was in bathing suits and shorts and tank tops during the day each day was plenty warm. Did get a little cool when we got a brief rain shower in St Thomas but wasn't cold enough where I even comtemplated going to find something warmer to put on.

When we got back to Miami it was very cool in the 50s which coming back from the warm temps was very cool so we were in sweatshirts and jeans then but we wear a light jacket and jeans when we go and leave our winter jacket in the vehicle at the airport.

Archived