Radiance southbound Alaska embarkation time?

Can't find an RCI thread for Alaska questions anymore? Just curious about embarkation

time in Seward for the Radiance on the southbound route. We are staying in Seward for

2 nights pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn Express next August. Check out time is around 11 am I believe, but the ship does not leave until 8 pm.

How early can we board? Or do we have a lot of time to sit on our luggage in the parking lot? :eek:

Can't find an RCI thread for Alaska questions anymore? Just curious about embarkation

time in Seward for the Radiance on the southbound route. We are staying in Seward for

2 nights pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn Express next August. Check out time is around 11 am I believe, but the ship does not leave until 8 pm.

How early can we board? Or do we have a lot of time to sit on our luggage in the parking lot? :eek:

You can probably board the ship as soon as you arrive. Boarding of most ships begins around 11 am regardless of the time she is due to sail and as soon as the previous sailing's passengers have cleared the ship, boarding can usually begin. If your hotel is in Seward, you shouldn't be spending any time sitting on your luggage " in the parking lot" and if it is in Anchorage you will still be in transit for a few hours before arriving at the ship.:)

You can probably board the ship as soon as you arrive. Boarding of most ships begins around 11 am regardless of the time she is due to sail and as soon as the previous sailing's passengers have cleared the ship, boarding can usually begin. If your hotel is in Seward, you shouldn't be spending any time sitting on your luggage " in the parking lot" and if it is in Anchorage you will still be in transit for a few hours before arriving at the ship.:)

Thanks, and as I stated "will be staying in Seward for 2 nights pre-cruise". Have you been

on this sailing before? Would love to hear about your embarkation experience? Thanks :)

Thanks, and as I stated "will be staying in Seward for 2 nights pre-cruise". Have you been

on this sailing before? Would love to hear about your embarkation experience? Thanks :)

Sorry, I missed your reference to staying in Seward for 2 nights - have to read things more carefully, however, as I said, you should be able to board the ship by noon at the latest. We did the southbound Radiance cruise in June, 2010 at the conclusion of cruise tour #11. Our last night was spent in Anchorage and we were able to upgrade the final leg of the land tour to the train from Anchorage to Seward. That train left Anchorage about 1pm and didn't get into Seward until around 5 or 6. At that point we were able to check in and board the ship with little or no delay. Train drops passengers off close to the dock and our luggage had already been transferred to Radiance before we reached the ship. Enjoy your cruise. We love Radiance class ships and with it recent revitalization there is even more to love about this particular ship. Will board her sister ship, Jewel of the Seas, tomorrow and can hardly wait.:)

Sorry, I missed your reference to staying in Seward for 2 nights - have to read things more carefully, however, as I said, you should be able to board the ship by noon at the latest. We did the southbound Radiance cruise in June, 2010 at the conclusion of cruise tour #11. Our last night was spent in Anchorage and we were able to upgrade the final leg of the land tour to the train from Anchorage to Seward. That train left Anchorage about 1pm and didn't get into Seward until around 5 or 6. At that point we were able to check in and board the ship with little or no delay. Train drops passengers off close to the dock and our luggage had already been transferred to Radiance before we reached the ship. Enjoy your cruise. We love Radiance class ships and with it recent revitalization there is even more to love about this particular ship. Will board her sister ship, Jewel of the Seas, tomorrow and can hardly wait.:)

Thanks and have a great cruise! We also love the Radiance class ships and had a great

time on the 10 night Panama trip on the Jewel. She is lovely! :)

There are 2 southbound trains to Seward. We are going 2 days early on the 6:30 am route to stay at the Holiday Inn to enjoy some salmon fishing pre-cruise after spending a few days in Talkeetna, Denali, and Anchorage on our own. Looking forward to the cruise and to see the new refurbishment on the Radiance. Will be nice to enjoy the new dedicated Diamond lounge on the ship! :)

If you want you could take a Kenai Fjords tour in the morning of embarkation day. (They will store your luggage for you). It really is a fantastic excursion. Details of the full experience in my blog in sig below.

negc: have a fabulous time!!!

Thanks! :) That sounds like fun, and perhaps the next time!

We are spending the day before bobbing around out that way trolling for salmon, which is

the DH's birthday. We both love to fish and is something we are looking forward to.

On embarkation day, we will just board early and enjoy the ship. Hopefully get our luggage

early too and get all unpacked and rested before the crush comes in around 5 pm.

Having an aft corner cabin (my favorite #9256! :) ) will

give us a nice sized balcony to watch the goings on from there also.

Archived