My time Dining questions

I have a large group sailing in March during Spring Break. Sixteen of us.

Ideally we wanted to have early dining, however, there is not enough availabilty for all of us.

I have no problem using MTD, but one couple does. They have concerns about tipping ahead of time. Not a big issue to me, in fact , I like it.

Here's my question........... if they choose MTD, can they adjust their tips if they want to?

Probably not. You might want to tell them that if they're not pleased with the service at any time during the cruise they should go to the front desk and let them know so the issue can be addressed. The auto tips go to more than just the dining room crew so they would be stiffing other crew members. And if they did remove the tips then anything they give directly to crew members has to be turned in.

For adding more tip most people just put cash in the envelope with the voucher slip.

For lowering tip amount there is a process at Guest Relations desk for adjusting and crediting on account balance. But expect a certain amount of inquiry about why the adjustment.

I too like the pre-tipping. One more thing already paid for beore we go.

as in remove them?? or lower them?? not that i know of.....i once tried to un-tip the head waiter as he was invisible, rude and useless, and that was not possible (and this was BEFORE MTD came around....)

they are welcome to tip more, but the prepaid tips are divided amongst the dining staff as your dinner servers will most likely also be working other meals, and/or in the windjammer....

tipping is part of cruising..so everyone should figure that extra cost into their cruise budgets....

look at it this way, the tips will be added to the final balance, and it's one less on-board expense to worry about...

And if they did remove the tips then anything they give directly to crew members has to be turned inNo...if you hand someone cash, you can bet your bottom dollar it's not going anywhere but into their pocket! That's what's nice about cash...there's no way to trace it...and there's no way anyone would even know that it had been given to them. Not sure where this rumor got started!

Or, you can make sure all of your reservation #'s are "linked", and once onboard, go to the dining room and get them into traditional with everyone else. They do their best to make you happy.

Archived