Need to purchase a bottle of wine in Civitavecchia

Fredr

Hello,

I have two questions.

First, does Celebrity (Equinox) allow the bringing of a bottle of wine on board at embarkation in Civitavecchia?

Second, can someone recommend a wine shop in Civitavecchia, that sells California made wine? No, I am not starting any arguments about wine from all over the world. I need a bottle of wine from California as I promised to provide same for a friend who will be on the Equinox.

Thanks,

Fred

In the town itself there are ample number of places that sell wine, I believe even near the people entrance to the port, where shuttle buses take you to the ship and back from the town (the port is huge and there is no walking off the ship to go shopping by foot.)

As far as Ca wines, my guess is you are better off googling in the Italian Google site for Rome and buying it in Rome.

If you do find California wine (pretty unlikely in Civitavecchia) you will be shocked at how much it costs, and the selection will be very limited. I second BKFlowerMound's suggestion to buy good California wine on the ship and good Italian wine ashore.

Archived