Majic broke already ;o

kmcantwait

My brother and sil are on board. They said Itinerary change instead of grand Turk on nov 9 they will be in Freeport Bahamas on the 9th and 10th for repairs. Yes I said repairs:) They said the Majic cant go sideways.

:eek:

If they are on board now, the 9th is 12 days away, what are they doing in the meantime?

My brother just emailed me and said "They just made the announcement on the pa system in the rooms about the change. He put alot of emphasis on we are in no harm and repairs WILL be made in Bahamas and we will be leave on time and visiting all our ports here"

I was on the October 7th cruise, and she was having problems then too. It didn't adversely affect our itinerary, but they had a part flown into Civitavecchia (Rome) so they could work on her there - and we stayed in port there a few hours longer than planned and arrived in Naples an hour later. I guess the repairs didn't fix the problem. It's a shame for those that are on the first cruise out of Galveston.

Isn't this the same mechanical problem the Dream had back in July that caused the last minute itinerary change from western to eastern Caribbean that caused so many passengers to get upset? Some sort of design flaw?

We were also on the Magic on the October 7 sailing and as said above it had to go for repairs in Civitavecchia. We noticed that in one port after the repairs, I think Mallorca, the Magic was towed out of the port by a barge. Also as I previously mentioned, it didn't handle rough seas well at all, our bed vibrated 2 of the nine nights to the point you couldn't sleep.

Wonder how or if it is affecting the TransAtlantic cruise? They are about two days in, so are between Barcelona and the Canaries, probably at Malaga today.

Will be interesting to hear of vibrations problems, if they have any. I have a friend who is blogging from the ship. So far, she hasn't mentioned any problems.

Frankly, I'm amazed that these giant inventions manage to work as well as they do. They've essentially built the entire infrastructure of a small city, added the ability to maneuver in water, and then put the behemoth through hard use week in and week out.

The technology ranges from prehistoric to ultra-modern. Electrical systems, engines, water systems, HVAC systems, and communication systems all have to work properly. Considering the **** I went through with a new Dodge Neon that I once owned, its hard not to be thoroughly impressed with how well made these ships are.

Please keep us informed I and 11 others are booed on her first voyage out of Galveston in 2 weeks My Husband is a trucker and is taking his vacation just for this cruise we will be so disappointed if she doesn't go out at this date

Interesting the repairs will be done in Freeport. That's often the last stop for ships heading for the beach in India.

Thats an encouraging thought-NOT. They had better get it organized- I'm sailing on her in late March. I would likeit going forward backward and side to side by then.

Archived