Are there eels in the caves where you go cave tubing??

Dunner

I had decided that cave tubing sounds like a fun day trip, but a friend of mine that has recently signed up for the cruise said that when went snorkelling and scuba-diving in caves(different caves/islands) he saw many eels hiding in the rocks. If the water is low and you are skimming across the rocks he said he would pass on this trip. I really haven't heard anything about this so I would appreciate any info--if this is the case I might reconsider this trip also. If the water was high then might they be swimming around? Has anyone ever seen one in there? We are going March 10-17th.

I emailed one of the cave tubing companys today, asked if there were any eels, snakes or other creatures I may not be aware of & this was there response.

"the spring fed water has a constant flow is not inhabited by any animal, there are some small fish, snakes are rarely seen, 2 over the past 10 years."

Archived