Kids on Thanksgiving cruise

bulldogz

Is there typically a lot of kids on a Thanksgiving cruise? I would think not since most schools only get 2 days off. This cruise is 12 days.

Hi Bulldogz,

It's impossible to be certain, but I agree with your thinking that a 12 day Thanksgiving sailing may not have a large amount of children onboard. Generally, the shorter sailings (aside from school vacations) are more attractive for Families.

Enjoy your Cruise !

I know many schools are now taking the entire Thanksgiving week off.

We like to sail between Thanksgiving and Xmas as airfares are less and crowds are smaller. On our Summit sailing last December pretty much the only kids were locals from Puerto Rico, and not many.

We've done cruises on Thanksgiving week the last few years. Schools now get the entire week off and there will be quite a few kids on board.

For a 12 day, however, I would expect very few kids since they only get one week off.

Thanksgiving tends to have less kids than Christmas/New Years cruises

Bulldogz,

I'm assuming you are new to Cruise Critic Boards by virtue of only 2 posts listed. I"m also assuming that you are on the November 18 12 day Silhouette cruise. Come over to our "Roll Call" (almost 7,000 posts) and meet a fun group. Also, there are several couples with children there, I think both boys ages 7 and 9. Go to "Roll Calls", then 'Celebrity Connections Roll Calls", then to "Silhouette" and then look for "11/18/11". Ask about kids there and you'll get more info.

Again, all this assuming that is the correct cruise but also seeing you are from NJ I think you probably are.

We have sailed twice over Thanks Giving.

We has approx 36 kids, including tots and teens, on 14 day Hawaii sailing.

We had slightly more on 11 day Mexico, about 50.

In port we did an excursion to a beach hotel that was also utilized by the Carnival ship in port. Their cruise was only 7 days and they had over 700 kids. Bigger ship, shorter cruise length, hence more kids.

With a 12 day the number of kids will probably be in the in that 25-50 range.

We have sailed twice over Thanks Giving.

We has approx 36 kids, including tots and teens, on 14 day Hawaii sailing.

We had slightly more on 11 day Mexico, about 50.

In port we did an excursion to a beach hotel that was also utilized by the Carnival ship in port. Their cruise was only 7 days and they had over 700 kids. Bigger ship, shorter cruise length, hence more kids.

With a 12 day the number of kids will probably be in the in that 25-50 range.

Hi Suzanne

Hope you and your family are well, we are still in touch with some of the lovely new friends we meet on Equinox last November.

What a lovely cruise that was :) how is Teddy Beefeater !

Sue

We tend to cruise over T-Giving week with our DD (now 16YO) -- we've cruised six of the past seven years (not this year because she has manditory marching band practice all day Friday and Saturday and most of Sunday this year!)

We've done Panama Canal, Hawaii, and Med (4) -- most have been 7 to 9 days, one 10 day, one 12 day. All have had quiet a few kids. The HI cruise was 7 days and crazy with kids. The Med cruises that were shorter had a number of kids -- it seems that many US gov't agencies and American companies in Europe, and the "American" schools in Europe give long holidays so we always had a healthy number of kids on those cruises. Not so much for the longer cruises, but as others have said there tend to be fewer kids on those cruises any time of year.

Archived