SJ segway tour

sccoast

i've read a bunch of posts from people saying they loved the segway tour, do the 2hr. one, and people even stated that they were over 60yr old. yet the website i found for segway tours in san juan specifically says you must be under 60yr old.

i emailed them to see if it was Jose and N.... who others referenced and they did not answer that question so i wonder if i found the correct website. do they actually check your age before the tour because the reservation does not ask for date of birth or age.

i've read a bunch of posts from people saying they loved the segway tour, do the 2hr. one, and people even stated that they were over 60yr old. yet the website i found for segway tours in san juan specifically says you must be under 60yr old.

i emailed them to see if it was Jose and N.... who others referenced and they did not answer that question so i wonder if i found the correct website. do they actually check your age before the tour because the reservation does not ask for date of birth or age.

You have the right one (there is only one). This age limit is news to me also, I will try to find out.

I suspect the 60 age limit may be a get out of jail card for the organisers if anyone over 60 were to have a mishap.

If you are over 60 and you book the tour and no one has an issue during the tour everyone is happy, on the other hand if you were to have an issue they would then use the disclaimer to pass the buck over to you as the person who ignored their restriction.

Dont get me wrong I have no personal knowledge of this company and my wife and I plan on using their services when we are in SJ next March despite her being 60, but this is a tactic a lot of tourist companies use to cover thier backs in case of any problems.

If you are happy to book and you are happy to pay, they will be happy to take the money and provide a service.

Regards.

John

The charge is very expensive too. I looked into it and found it was 84 plus tax for the 2 hour tour, and that is just to the forts. The shorter tour is $42 plus tax pp and you only ride it up on the promanade area. There is an age limit on the site. It does say 60 years old, and there is a weight limit too.

While we we be in Antigua I have booked with the only segway tour company there. They have been really easy to deal with. Their rates are a lot less for a 3.5 hour tour.... and we are getting a free dvd of us on the tour. You may want to wait until you are in that port for a segway tour. The longer tour with tons of extras( a drink included too) is only $69 and if you bring a group they discount it 15% and you get the dvd with a reservation of 4 people.

our ship does not stop in Antiqua. sounds like a better tour though, longer and cheaper! we don't mind walking, we walk alot on every trip, walked 1-3hr a day in aruba last month every single day all week but thought this would be different on the segway, cover more ground and not just be roaming around on our own.

What's interesting is that the tour company says the age limit is 60, yet the cruiseline (Celebrity, in my case) says the age limit is 65. I'm sure they're using the same company since there is only one that provides this service in San Juan. Odd that they would display different age limits.

We're planning to take the segway tour there in February. Have read nothing but fantastic reviews about it, and someone on our roll call has taken it in the past...though, yes, quite expensive!

Last time we were in SJ we saw the tour. They rode the segway around the area that we walked and then stopped, regrouped and talked and looked out over the wall area until they got to the forts. In all honesty, there was not much riding of the segway. It is fun to ride, but they did follow the leader and it was very slow because of where they go...lots of people walking there.

The tour in Antigua is a bit different.... will be there soon and I will report back on the Antigua port area. I just thought this tour was overpriced for the time. Remember, the 2 hours includes the time to learn. All you do is go up to the fort area.

Maybe we're not talking about the same tour. The segway tour we're taking in San Juan must be different as ours has 20+ stops, not just the forts. I'm also interested in your tour in Antigua, as it's one of our favorite islands, and if the tour there is fantastic too then we'd probably plan that for our next trip. Please do report back!

Maybe we're not talking about the same tour. The segway tour we're taking in San Juan must be different as ours has 20+ stops, not just the forts. I'm also interested in your tour in Antigua, as it's one of our favorite islands, and if the tour there is fantastic too then we'd probably plan that for our next trip. Please do report back!

We did this tour, and it was very good. The Segways were a lot of fun.

I have pictures of this tour in my cruise review, linked in my sig.

We did this tour, and it was very good. The Segways were a lot of fun.

I have pictures of this tour in my cruise review, linked in my sig.

Great review of Explorer, and nice pics too! Yeah, that walk to the fort wouldn't be too fun. Good thing you were on Segways!

Check the website again. When we made our reservation, the web said under 60, however I am 61 and I figured they would not ID me. When I checked their website yesterday, the information was under 65. Maybe they changed their policy. There is weight limit however and it is easy to guess if someone is over 250 pounds. Echokat

We did the segway tour in Antigua in Nov 2009 (my mum was 75 at the time) and we had a blast. They were fantastic, it was a small group and good guides with lots of pulling in of local interest, I reignited my love of tamarinds following that trip - they also emailed pictures they'd taken of us and the group.

I'd definitely say go with them - they are fantastic and I love it when a small business is good.

Archived