Eastern Carribbean Eurodam

DeadeyeDick

Kay and I are booked on the Eurodam for Nov 26 outd of Fort Lauderdale, we would like to have some pals to chum around with on board and ashore if interested. Looking forward to a good time and good cruise. Write us!

Richard & Kay

Hello Dead Eye:

DW & I will be joining on the 26th. We will be arriving FLL on Thanksgiving day and staying at the Renaissance on 17th. Join our roll call.

I see you are a photobug as well. What equipment are you bringing with you?

Hello Dead Eye:

DW & I will be joining on the 26th. We will be arriving FLL on Thanksgiving day and staying at the Renaissance on 17th. Join our roll call.

I see you are a photobug as well. What equipment are you bringing with you?

Dear Multi

We have a small OLYMPUS Stylus 1050 for underwter (Half moon Cay and Grand Turk snorkaling) as well as a LUMIX with LIECA lense and a NIKON D-70 with nikor lenses.

Until Kay retired she was a Journalism teacher and was heavily into Photography as was I in the USAF. Looking forward to meeting you two. As the crow flies we are only a short distance from N Texas to Denver.

We are embarking on a third HAL cruise and have been on countless others. From Carnival, Norwegian to RCL. We like HAL the best.

Richard & Kay

Dear Multi

We have a small OLYMPUS Stylus 1050 for underwter (Half moon Cay and Grand Turk snorkaling) as well as a LUMIX with LIECA lense and a NIKON D-70 with nikor lenses.

Until Kay retired she was a Journalism teacher and was heavily into Photography as was I in the USAF. Looking forward to meeting you two. As the crow flies we are only a short distance from N Texas to Denver.

We are embarking on a third HAL cruise and have been on countless others. From Carnival, Norwegian to RCL. We like HAL the best.

Richard & Kay

True to the Texas tradition, looks like you are coming heavily armed. :D I will be shooting with my D60 and bringing an assortment of lenses, tripod and my new SB-700 flash. We were on this cruise last year. This year I plan to reshoot some of the shots that were damn near perfect. DW is a UT grad, I am sure y'all will have lots to talk about. Me? I am a yankee, born and raised in NYC. Two years ago we were in Austin visiting and took a BBQ tour of Luling and Lockhart. 22 days left for us.

Hello Deadeyedick, Welcome to cruise critic. Since you are a newbie and no one else has told you on cruise critic there are boards for pretty much every cruise called Members Roll Calls that are postings from fellow CC members who will be on your cruise. They also organize an official meet and Greet aboard the ship in the first day or so to meet everyone. In this forum where you are now you will get pretty much all the answers you may be looking for about your cruise and HAL. There are also boards about the ports you will visit but many people in this HAL board have been there too and will also offer advice and opinions.

Here is the CC link to roll call for your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398299

Have great cruise on a great HAL ship we will follow you the next day of the Eurodam's sister ship the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Terrydtx

Kay is from Lockhart and we consider that absolutely connasseaur BarBQ at Black's, Kreuez's and City Markeat in Luling, none better!!!!!!
Been to them all, plus the salt lick. I am a KCBS certified BBQ competition judge. And in my opinion... I was too busy licking my fingers to express an opinion.

We lived in Austin for 7 years and I have to agree.:cool:

DW went to school in Austin, worked for the Astros in Houston and then back to Austin to work for Coors. Great town and I love the Lake Country, nothing like drinks at sunset on the deck at the Oasis.

DW went to school in Austin, worked for the Astros in Houston and then back to Austin to work for Coors. Great town and I love the Lake Country, nothing like drinks at sunset on the deck at the Oasis.

The Oasis burned down a couple of years ago with rumors of arson and insurance fraud. haven't heard if it was rebuilt.

Has been rebuilt. Lost its divey charm. But the sunsets are still magnificent.

That's good we lived about 5 minute drive from the Oasis and when we had guests in town always took them there for the sunsets and drinks.

Archived