Seafood Allergy

Croce

Four of us are leaving for the Spirit in a couple of days and I forgot to mention to SS that one of us is allergic to all things seafood. Are there enough food options sans seafood available? Should we avoid any particular restaurant? I'm thinking that it may not be worth it to visit one of the premium restaurants since a lot of the menu items appear from the sea and I doubt they would be willing to substitute. Thanks for any insight.

Four of us are leaving for the Spirit in a couple of days and I forgot to mention to SS that one of us is allergic to all things seafood. Are there enough food options sans seafood available? Should we avoid any particular restaurant? I'm thinking that it may not be worth it to visit one of the premium restaurants since a lot of the menu items appear from the sea and I doubt they would be willing to substitute. Thanks for any insight.

This is Silversea! It's a struggle for you to get them to say "no" to something. There will always be non-seafood items on "The Restaurant's" and La Terrazza's menus as well as at the Hot Rocks.

I ate at Seishin on the Spirit (the sushi restaurant) and although I'm not allergic to seafood I just don't like it at all. I let the restaurant know in advance and they created non-seafood items for me when my dining companions had seafood.

Do let them know by calling, changing your guest info form and/or once you're onboard but there shouldn't be any issues.

Agree with all of the above.

My partner is allergic to shellfish (he can eat regular fish though). We had absolutely no problem at all on our SS cruise.

We ate in Le Champagne on three occasions during our cruise on Spirit. Our table was confirmed off waitlist each time, and we hadn't let them know in advance about his allergy. They were happy to make last minute substitutions, although in our case it was probably easier since he can eat fish.

I would advise you to call SS prior to the cruise, also to let the Maitre d' know about the allergy when you enter a restaurant, and be vigilant in La Terrazza at lunchtime, since it's a buffet at lunch. Be sure to book your speciality restaurant tables when you embark, and tell the Maitre d' right then about the allergy, this gives them advance warning and the chef can come up with something especially nice as a replacement.

Have a great cruise!

My wife has a food allergy, too. Every time we've sailed on SS we've met with the Maitre d' the first day to discuss her needs. They were always accommodating. On our last cruise they gave her the next day's menus the evening before so she could review them. She would indicate her choices and they would make sure that they were made without the allergy-triggering foods. SS will go the extra mile to make sure you're well taken care of.

Archived