wave runner rentals in st thomas or st martin

mrdrdoso

I want to go on our own when we are in st thomas or st martin and i want to do somthing that we can rent wave runners, any suggestions...............

also we were thinking of going on our own to megans bay, i have read that you can easily take a taxi but is there a water taxi to get there?

thanks in advance.

mary

There are no water taxis on St Thomas, the taxi association has blocked them so far. There are no jet skis at Magens, BTW. Enjoy the beautiful beaches and jet ski on St Maarten.;)

thanks do we need to go to orient beach or can we jet ski right in st maarten?

AJmac01,

Had you booked this and already done it? If so , how was it? We are looking at it and just were not sure about having to get ourselves there.

Any experience and reviews would be very appriciated. thanks

Tammy

You can rent jet skis at Sapphire Beach Marina and at Coki Beach. It's around $45/half-hour for one, and $65 or so for two people sharing.

They have more jet skis at Sapphire than Coki, but it's still better to make a reservation, because they sometimes get groups of people. I think Dive In has the jet ski concession, and their number is 340-777-5255 or 866-434-8346.

Sapphire is a beautiful beach, too. Many people have posted links in the St Thomas forum, so do a search for more info.

Renting jet skis at Orient Beach in St. Martin is easy and inexpensive, and you don't need to reserve ahead of time. Just do it as soon as you get to the beach. I have been to Sapphire and don't remember seeing jet ski rentals, but I could be wrong....

AJmac01,

Had you booked this and already done it? If so , how was it? We are looking at it and just were not sure about having to get ourselves there.

Any experience and reviews would be very appriciated. thanks

Tammy

We did it this past Feb. We got a taxi at the cruise dock (Haven Sight), sorry I don't remember the cost but it may have been $6-$8 dollars each, the ride was about 15 minutes. One there the set you up with your jetski and snorkeling gear. They take you across the bay to some small island, about 20-30 min ride on the jet ski. The water was a little rough so we were getting some good air with them. DW was not to crazy about that, my DS, DD and myself loved it. When we got to the island they tied the jetskis up and we jumped in to snorkle around for awhile. After that we were supposed to travel around a little more but it started to get even rougher so we ended up heading back. They then ended up cancelling the next group. If we wanted we could have hung around on the beach but we wanted to go back clean up and do some shopping in town.

Archived