Single digit dance

FloridaLaura

Thanks...it has been a rocky road getting to this point! I have so much still do to, but finally getting excited about going.

I posted here before about our friends who were sailing with us to celebrate their 25th anniversary, and (the husband) Rick died suddenly of a massive heart attack 6 weeks ago. (the day after his 50th bday! We have been walking around like zombies since. He was both my husband and mine best friend, he was the best man at our wedding 30 yrs ago...needless to say the wife cancelled, she just cant bear the thought of going without him!

Then on top of all of this I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition called hashimotos and have gained 10 lbs in 8 weeks :eek: I wanted to lose 10 pounds before the cruise...did just the opposite! I feel exhausted most of the time, and they are still trying to get meds started soon fro me, waiting for the thyroid to settle down a bit. So it has been a roller coaster and a mess for the last 2 months..then I look at my countdown clock and we are sailing in 9 days! Better get busy!

FloridaLaura - You've got me beat by a few days.....LOL We don't sail for 121 days on the Legend and we are all very excited and wish it would hurry up and get here.

Sounds like you have had a horrible year and hopefully this cruise will help you through it. Enjoy your vacation and hope you will post a review when you return.

God Speed!

FloridaLaura - You've got me beat by a few days.....LOL We don't sail for 121 days on the Legend and we are all very excited and wish it would hurry up and get here.

Sounds like you have had a horrible year and hopefully this cruise will help you through it. Enjoy your vacation and hope you will post a review when you return.

God Speed!

Thanks! I will do a review when I get back. I did one last year on the Legend if you would like to read it, the link is below in my signature :)

FloridaLaura,

I am dancing right beside you. I will be on the Carnival Dream. Sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure he would tell you to go and have a great time.

I had some "drama" leading up to now. The hot water heater burst in my house and we had major water damage on Columbus Day. We had to move into a hotel during the repairs. The house had to be packed up. We just moved back in 11/1, so we are unpacking. At this point I "NEED" a vacation.

FloridaLaura,

I am dancing right beside you. I will be on the Carnival Dream. Sorry to hear about your friend. I am sure he would tell you to go and have a great time.

I had some "drama" leading up to now. The hot water heater burst in my house and we had major water damage on Columbus Day. We had to move into a hotel during the repairs. The house had to be packed up. We just moved back in 11/1, so we are unpacking. At this point I "NEED" a vacation.

How horrible! You are right..you need a vacation after all of that. What a mess!

Thanks...it has been a rocky road getting to this point! I have so much still do to, but finally getting excited about going.

I posted here before about our friends who were sailing with us to celebrate their 25th anniversary, and (the husband) Rick died suddenly of a massive heart attack 6 weeks ago. (the day after his 50th bday! We have been walking around like zombies since. He was both my husband and mine best friend, he was the best man at our wedding 30 yrs ago...needless to say the wife cancelled, she just cant bear the thought of going without him!

Then on top of all of this I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition called hashimotos and have gained 10 lbs in 8 weeks :eek: I wanted to lose 10 pounds before the cruise...did just the opposite! I feel exhausted most of the time, and they are still trying to get meds started soon fro me, waiting for the thyroid to settle down a bit. So it has been a roller coaster and a mess for the last 2 months..then I look at my countdown clock and we are sailing in 9 days! Better get busy!

I hope you have a wonderful time and so sorry for your loss. I will look for your review as I enjoyed your last one. It helps pass the time until we get on the Legend!!

Archived