Interesting situation!

SE NC

The bride and I just booked a 2/4/12 cruise. This will be my 8th Carnival cruise and the bride's 10th...PLATINUM! However, one of the bride's Carnival cruises was a college cruise in the mid 70's. When speaking with our Carnival PVP (whom we love as we have booked our last 6 cruises with him), he stated the records show this will be her 9th cruise.

I explained her 70's college cruise and he stated their records do not go back that far. He was great about it as he said he fully understood the situation. He said if DW had an old broading pass...embartation picture or anything proven she had sailed the Mardi Gras, she could very likely have the cruise counted.

Hey....this is not Carnival's fault for not having records that far back! The bride said she thought she may have saved the broading pass and is in the process of trying to locate it. If not this time....next time Platinum!!:D

I was just curious if anyone had experienced this and what was the outcome.

I got my very first cruise, on the Mardi Gras, credited by sending them a picture of a souvenier I bought on board. One of the acrylic engravings that said Mardi Gras, and had the year on it. So they will give you credit, if you have some kind of proof.

I sailed on at least two in the eighties and, of course I do not have proof. I laughed out loud when they said to produce a sail & sign card or an invoice. I just let it go and finally reached Platinum. My next cruise will be the the 13th, YIKES, by my calculations, not their's. I wish I were a Pack Rat and saved everything.

I sailed on at least two in the eighties and, of course I do not have proof. I laughed out loud when they said to produce a sail & sign card or an invoice. I just let it go and finally reached Platinum. My next cruise will be the the 13th, YIKES, by my calculations, not their's. I wish I were a Pack Rat and saved everything.

That's how we feel! What the heck......Platinum next time! It appears this has happen to a few of us!:D Thanks guys for your imput.:p

Thanks for the tips. Taking my parents on this cruise since they haven't been on one since the eighties. Obviously Carnival has no records of their last cruise so I'll ask them if they kept anything. Will give them some added sea days.

I too, had a cruise that was not immediately counted. I scanned a photo I had of my family and I taken on a formal night, and Carnival counted it! (was able to tell them the exact date the photo was taken, and on what ship.) Now, mind you that was in the 90s, so a little bit different.

Since then, I actually found the luggage tag for that cruise, as well. :eek: I haven't got nearly as much experience as you guys, but I've got cruise 4 in January, and 5 booked for Feb 2013!

I had the opposite situation of you. I went on my first Carnival cruise in high school in April of 1998. It was a huge group cruise that my high school went on with our choirs (yup, totally took first place...woo hoo!). Needless to say, a very determined Carnival representative dug up all the information for me even though I didn't have an exact sail date. They found it underneath my choral director's name....totally impressive! So I guess I got lucky!!!

I had two cruises that were not credited to me as they were to long ago. I like to scrapbook and saved the boarding passes - these were the ones you printed out - no computers then. I copied these, wrote a letter to Carnival and almost imiediately they appeared on my past cruises profile. It was very easy to get them to credit this to me but I did have a copy of the boarding passes. Don't know if they used sail and sign cards back then...If I remember correctly they had to complete a credit card type slip for every purchase and we had a key to our room vs the cards used now..

Good luck

This is not an uncommon situation for those of us who had a first cruise before everything was so computerized.

I had the same situation but with RCCL. I was asked to find some sort of proof of the cruise. Luckily when I went through our old pictures I found a picture taken from the cruise that had the ships name and date on it. That was all I needed, but later I did find my old cruise card.

Now ever since that experience I save all my old cruise cards. Nice for memories and to verify dates if I ever need to.

Archived