Orlando/port canaveral things to do w 2 yo

Vericurious18

Our flight arrives in Orlando at 10am Xmas day. We have a cruise leaving from port canaveral at 4pm. I believe we can begin cruise checkin at 12pm. Any ideas of what we can do with a few hours? We will not have an obscene amount of luggage, but I'll be about 20 weeks pregnant, with hubby and 2 yo.

Any ideas greatly appreciated...thanks!

You should head right to the port...Orlando is about 1 hour from Port Canaveral....by the time you collect your luggage, find your means of transport (shuttle, rental car...whatever you choose) and drive...it will be time to board. Boarding starts around 11am, despite what your docs might say!

You should head right to the port...Orlando is about 1 hour from Port Canaveral....by the time you collect your luggage, find your means of transport (shuttle, rental car...whatever you choose) and drive...it will be time to board. Boarding starts around 11am, despite what your docs might say!

I completely agree. Our experience with Orlando airport is that it is a bit confusing to get around, so it took us awhile to get from the luggage area to the shuttle area. Then there was the small detail that our luggage took a different route than we did, which took some time to figure out :)

The airport is a good 1hr drive on a freeway from the port, definitely head out as soon as you can.

Don't even think about doing anything but getting to the pier. It is Christmas Eve. Traffic will be at it's peak and it is not a good time to risk missing a shuttle. Have a great cruise. We get home on the 24th! Can't wait for ours.

They always SAY you can't check in until noon, but the truth is you can usually check in by 11:00am.

I ALWAYS arrive at the port by 10:30 a.m. for the cruises out of Florida. And I am onboard by 11:15 a.m and enjoying my first lunch before anyone else even thinks about it. ;)

Archived