Cocktail nights on Pacific Jewel

I'm going on my first cruise (13 nights to NZ) and am a bit worried about the cocktail/formal nights. Exactly how formal are they? Can hubby wear a dress shirt and nice slacks or is jacket and tie required?

Alternatively is it possible to avoid the formal night? It really isn't our style.

Thanks.

I'm going on my first cruise (13 nights to NZ) and am a bit worried about the cocktail/formal nights. Exactly how formal are they? Can hubby wear a dress shirt and nice slacks or is jacket and tie required?

Alternatively is it possible to avoid the formal night? It really isn't our style.

Thanks.

Cocktail night are not formal - that is why P & O changed the name from 'formal' to 'cocktail'. :)

Men are required to wear long trousers (not shorts) and shirt with a collar (either polo shirt or business type shirt) to the dining room every night including cocktail evenings. Tie and jacket are optional. Probably more than half the men wear tie and jacket on cocktail nights, but if your husband doesn't want to he will be quite OK.

Ladies wear either a 'cocktail dress' or dressy slacks and top or skirt and top. Many of the ladies wear a sparkly or evening top.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and the main thing is for you both to feel comfortable and enjoy yourselves.:)

Thank you! We don't have any ball-type clothes but can certainly manage that level of "formal" and will probably enjoy something different. :)

If you wore ball-type clothes you would probably be the only passengers dressed like that on P & O, althought the Cruise Staff dress up a bit more and look great. Formal nights on Princess are more dressy than P & O.

Have a fantastic cruise and wear whatever feels right for you.:)

If you wore ball-type clothes you would probably be the only passengers dressed like that on P & O, althought the Cruise Staff dress up a bit more and look great. Formal nights on Princess are more dressy than P & O.

Have a fantastic cruise and wear whatever feels right for you.:)

Just tried on my "dressier" outfits and feel they'll be fine...husband may be a bit more fashion-challenged but should be OK if I can convince him not to roll up his shirt sleeves :)

Thanks again!

Just tried on my "dressier" outfits and feel they'll be fine...husband may be a bit more fashion-challenged but should be OK if I can convince him not to roll up his shirt sleeves :)

Thanks again!

I think a lot of Aussie men are fashion-challenged - mine is also.:) By the way, even if he rolls his sleeves up I am sure he won't be the only one. :)

Archived