Next Cruise and Pre-Existing

gdpups

I used a NeXt Cruise certificate that was purchased back in October 2010 to book a cruise several weeks ago. When you use a Next Cruise certificate it shows the booking date the date you purchased the certificate, so my cruise docs show the booking date as October 2010, not October 2011 when I booked the actual cruise.

My question is, most travel insurance policies only cover pre-existing conditions if purchased within so many days of the cruise booking, so I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem because of the Next Cruise booking date. Does anybody have any experience with this?? If this is a problem people will need to take this into consideration when purchasing Next Cruise certificate.

there are a couple that will cover within certain days of final...check out insuremytrip.com

i booked one that covered preexisting if you bought it within, say 14 days of Final...but do't quote me on that...it MAY hae been a travel ex, CSA or 4 corners....can't remember, but if you look, you might find one...

megr1125 is correct...check out insuremytrip ...I'm pretty sure it's CSA...I've used them several times as I tend to book cruises far in advance & don't want to plunk down anymore money upfront than I need to...

Archived