Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

tab1220

[quote name='tab1220']Final update...New TA called RCCL yesterday only to find that the 2 cabins 14315-14317 were held, just for someone else. Rudolph never placed the 24 hr hold on them.

I spoke with him this morning he said the cabins were available when he spoke with me yesterday but the TA didn't call in time so they were given to someone else. He says he didn't place them on 24 hr hold and that was his fault. He said he's sorry he allowed this to fall through the cracks and unfortunately there's nothing else that he can do for me.

In the meantime....I have the original TA calling the new TA telling her that I missed a final payment of $200. and to cancel my booking. She also says that she will mail me a $400. check after my cruise is over but refuses to put it in writing.

I have printed off a copy of this thread and am sending it to Adam Goldstein I also emailed this to the TAs cust relations dept. At this point I really don't feel that any actions will be taken regarding this.

I just feel it's best for me to step back, be unsatisfied and keep the cabins that I have.
[COLOR="Red"][I][B]I pulled up my booking this morning and my ov balc will not allow me to print off my seapass(says in process)which I didn't think that should happen if the cruise is p.i.f. [/B][/I][/COLOR] I'm terrified now that on top of all of this RCCL may listen to this TA and cancel me. RCCl said they have no access to my payments and they can only wait for her to call in with a code that will allow them to take final payment if it's owed.

My cc is cancelled so I guess they won't get whatever bogus payment she's trying to take from me.[/QUOTE]

When the online check in says in process, it usually means that the process of checking it was started but not completed. Go through the process again and make sure all required fields are filled in. Passport numbers, emergency contact, etc. If all required info is supplied you should be able to print your Sea Pass. Good luck.

Final update...New TA called RCCL yesterday only to find that the 2 cabins 14315-14317 were held, just for someone else. Rudolph never placed the 24 hr hold on them.

I spoke with him this morning he said the cabins were available when he spoke with me yesterday but the TA didn't call in time so they were given to someone else. He says he didn't place them on 24 hr hold and that was his fault. He said he's sorry he allowed this to fall through the cracks and unfortunately there's nothing else that he can do for me.

In the meantime....I have the original TA calling the new TA telling her that I missed a final payment of $200. and to cancel my booking. She also says that she will mail me a $400. check after my cruise is over but refuses to put it in writing.

I have printed off a copy of this thread and am sending it to Adam Goldstein I also emailed this to the TAs cust relations dept. At this point I really don't feel that any actions will be taken regarding this.

I just feel it's best for me to step back, be unsatisfied and keep the cabins that I have.

I pulled up my booking this morning and my ov balc will not allow me to print off my seapass(says in process)which I didn't think that should happen if the cruise is p.i.f. I'm terrified now that on top of all of this RCCL may listen to this TA and cancel me. RCCl said they have no access to my payments and they can only wait for her to call in with a code that will allow them to take final payment if it's owed.

My cc is cancelled so I guess they won't get whatever bogus payment she's trying to take from me.

I am so sorry you've had this experience! I had a similar situation many years ago. Do you know what state the travel agent and the primary travel company are in? If so please notify the state regulatory commision and the better business bureau.....if only to help someone else in the future. If the agent or her primary company operate in Florida the contact info is http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html. Travel agents and companies are liscened thru the State Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

I think this is now officially the strangest story I've heard in a long time.

<snip>

I pulled up my booking this morning and my ov balc will not allow me to print off my seapass(says in process)which I didn't think that should happen if the cruise is p.i.f. I'm terrified now that on top of all of this RCCL may listen to this TA and cancel me. RCCl said they have no access to my payments and they can only wait for her to call in with a code that will allow them to take final payment if it's owed.

How did the payment go from $400 to $200? Don't you have an invoice from your TA? You should be able to match that up with what you have paid.

Also, are you saying that RCCL won't tell you if your reservation is about to be cancelled?

Can't the new TA from the agency that you talked to yesterday look up your reservation in her system to see if it shows paid in full or not?

I can certainly understand the frustration the OP is going thru....however this is really a TA issue...not a Royal issue. It's the agency that the TA is an independent agent with that really needs to be contacted and dealt with...they are the "broker" if you will. Royal is not really in a position to do much as they can't make changes to that reservation without the approval of the TA.

Yes I have my p.i.f. invoice.

The new TA says that my old TA sent her something showing that I owed $200. she says not to worry because she got it down to $45.68 and they'll just take care of it. I told her that I wasn't worried at all since I have the p.i.f. confirmation. I owe nothing!

Rudolph says he has no way to access payments made since they come through the TA. He can only see notes on my account, not payments made.

How did the payment go from $400 to $200? Don't you have an invoice from your TA? You should be able to match that up with what you have paid.

Also, are you saying that RCCL won't tell you if your reservation is about to be cancelled?

Can't the new TA from the agency that you talked to yesterday look up your reservation in her system to see if it shows paid in full or not?

This is really a strange story. Where is the original TA? Has she gone on vacation...a cruise, or taking a leave of absence for a medical condition? Maybe she is having some dementia issues. Sounds like she is confused, and not trying to take money from your bank account on purpose. I am not sure that I would have cancelled my credit card because of this. Clearly if she asked another TA to take the money out, she is not trying to swindle you. If so, she would have done it herself and taken much more!

I know you are not allowed to mention TA's, but can the city or state of the TA office be mentioned?

Also, you could ask the new TA to turn your reservation over to RCCL so that you can deal with them directly. You may have to pay a fee of $50 or so, but it would be well worth it.

PS - Be glad that all your transactions have been made with a credit card and not in cash. I just hope cancelling the card that you made this transactions with, will not come back to haunt you. :(

and now down to 45.68:confused::confused:

The new TA says that my old TA sent her something showing that I owed $200. she says not to worry because she got it down to $45.68 .

I know you are not allowed to mention TA's, but can the city or state of the TA office be mentioned?

Dont see how that would help......if the OP said (for instance) Orlando,FL,there are so many agents....no way of pin pointing one.

This whole scenario is bordering on unbelievable to me.

The original TA is on her honeymoon.

I paid my cruise off on Nov 4th and recieved my paid in full invoice from the TA. It's just strange that she would call me and RCCl and tell us that she's giving $400. out of her own pocket then call some TA that is her friend and tell her to charge my cc $400 extra as final payment due. I feel very confident that I did the right thing in cancelling my credit card as it only used for our vacations and nothing else.

I honestly feel that the old TA is being vindictive rather than being confused. She flat out lied to two TAs telling them that my booking wasn't pad in full.

The reason I also cancelled is because she's on vacation and gave my cc# to the otherTAs over the phone, which means she has it with her. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If the city and state can be mentioned on here I'd be more than happy to give that info.

I'm honestly afraid to toch this booking for fear of losing my cabin or having the amount go up.

This is really a strange story. Where is the original TA? Has she gone on vacation...a cruise, or taking a leave of absence for a medical condition? Maybe she is having some dementia issues. Sounds like she is confused, and not trying to take money from your bank account on purpose. I am not sure that I would have cancelled my credit card because of this. Clearly if she asked another TA to take the money out, she is not trying to swindle you. If so, she would have done it herself and taken much more!

Also, you could ask the new TA to turn your reservation over to RCCL so that you can deal with them directly. You may have to pay a fee of $50 or so, but it would be well worth it.

PS - Be glad that all your transactions have been made with a credit card and not in cash. I just hope cancelling the card that you made this transactions with, will not come back to haunt you. :(

The new TA says that my old TA sent her something showing that I owed $200. she says not to worry because she got it down to $45.68 and they'll just take care of it. I told her that I wasn't worried at all since I have the p.i.f. confirmation. I owe nothing!

Rudolph says he has no way to access payments made since they come through the TA. He can only see notes on my account, not payments made.

Thats not true,unless you made payments directly to the TA...........even as an outside agent,when she took your cc info,payments went right to RCCL......they can see what payments are made....

This is what I was told. Maybe he didn't want to get any deeper into the matter..who knows?

Thats not true,unless you made payments directly to the TA...........even as an outside agent,when she took your cc info,payments went right to RCCL......they can see what payments are made....

Original TA left on her honeymoon yesterday.

OK so which cabins are you in now? (I thought it was the Boardwalk Balconys 14315 14317 but now someone else got them?)

Why would you owe more money if your in a balacony and an inside as originally booked?

You have your paid in full invoice and your cc statements that show Rooyal Caribbean was paid the amount of the cruise right?

Tab1220-

He probably doesn't want to be in the middle because you are still the travel agents customer by contract....if she had never told them she was handling it and putting in $400 they would have been able to resolve this days ago. Hopefully your reservation is just fine and if not there are plenty of ships sailing in your time frame. You could always look at the savings by switching to another ship as a chance for some awesome shore excursions.

Yes. Rudolph claims he forgot to hold them so someone else booked them before theTA called in. The TA looked on line and saw that they were held and assumed they were for me. She called in and found out that someone else booked them through anouther TA.

The cabins that I have now are 8443(inside) and 8174(ov balc).

I don't owe anymore money and I have the invoices to show it. My cruise total was $5651.20 and that is what I paid.

As I said I don't think she expected the other TA friend to call me to confirm the payment before she charged it.

OK so which cabins are you in now? (I thought it was the Boardwalk Balconys 14315 14317 but now someone else got them?)

Why would you owe more money if your in a balacony and an inside as originally booked?

You have your paid in full invoice and your cc statements that show Rooyal Caribbean was paid the amount of the cruise right?

Archived