the lady passenger whom lives on the carnival ships?

millineumwoman

I had read a post some time ago about a lady living on a cruise ship. Same one?? The cost is probably even cheaper. My DM lives in a supportive living facility and pays approx $141 per day. And yes, the food on the ships is much better. One thing that would be missing is the medical staff. With all of us baby boomers getting older and the potential need for more such living quarters, maybe cruise ships could be a solution. I would be there in a minute! :D I think it is great she can do this!

A few cruises ago we went to the Past Guest party--the host was asking how many cruises people had been on and a lady's caretaker said some way high number to win the bottle of wine!! Now I'm wondering if the Medicare Advantage plan I'm on would accept this in lieu of home health care--got a $0. copay for lots of days I think..........A Carnival HMO if you will........Hotel Motoring on the Ocean! More acronyms please.....

We were fortunate to meet Lorraine Arzt on the Royal Princess in April 2010. She is delightful!

The Royal Princess is now with P&O and Princess will soon have a new Royal Princess.

You can Google Lorraine to learn her story.

Shirley

I meet the guy who cruised on Carnival once a month, the rest of the time he lived in a old folks home. He is in a wheelchair, meet him on a 2nd cruise too in fact. he cruises out of New Orleans. he sang battle hymn of the republic in the talent show. He also enjoys the slot machines lol.

He has been on over 100 when I meet him. all on carnival.

I meet the guy who cruised on Carnival once a month, the rest of the time he lived in a old folks home. He is in a wheelchair, meet him on a 2nd cruise too in fact. he cruises out of New Orleans. he sang battle hymn of the republic in the talent show. He also enjoys the slot machines lol.

He has been on over 100 when I meet him. all on carnival.

Old Man Wiggle

(I am not being disrespectful...that is what he calls himself)

He is a HOOT.

I have done several talent shows with him. The only time I bought the DVD with the Talent Show in it so I could have a copy of him performing.

He just celebrated his 100th birthday on the Carnival Triumph in August.

Tex set up a huge birthday party with a giant cake in the Main Theater after the Talent Show.

a few years ago i was on a carnival ship and there was an elderly lady whom lived on there, was wondering which ship she is on now (hopefully she is still kicking) does anyone know?:)

Many years ago, we also heard of a woman living onboard a Carnival Fun Ship. I don't remember her name but from what we understood from the CD at that time, she had cruised so many times on this particular 'said' ship, that the Carnival higher beings offered to let her live out the remainder of days onboard. And she has been there ever since... Not knowing if she has passed on though. That would be a great question for SCD John Heald. Maybe I will post it for him to answer. If he does, I'll get back to you but he is over 3 weeks behind in his posting!

no never been on the qe2, and met her on the ship

My apologies- didn't realize you had met her.

My only recommendation for those considering life onboard- be certain that you only sail to places where the medical care is good. My mother thought she would do this- was put off the ship deathly ill in Asia and died alone there. Not to be a downer about the idea.

At one time she lived on the Glory when it was out of Port Canaveral, we met her on one of our fall cruises. We told her our DD was cruising the next spring and she told us to have her look her up and leave a message for her. So DD also met her. She in a wheelchair both times. If she's still kicking she might have switched over to the Dream. We met her approx. 5 years ago.

She said she had all her housecleaning, cooking and laundry done for her and instead of living with the same old people all the time, this way she got to meet new paople of all ages every week.

Several years ago Cruise Travel magazine did an article on a widowed woman who had her own suite for her express use only on one specific Princess ship. She and her late husband had cruise Princess so many times (on that ship too) they purposely created a suite just for her and no one else on her favourite ship. Whenever she wants to cruise she just has to tell them she will be coming aboard at whatever port and she can stay as long as she pleases at no cost to her at all. She'd have an onboard account of course for her charges, but doesn't pay a penny for the cruise itself.

I figure they must have been high rollers and spent a small fortune for Princess to be willing to create her own living space onboard the ship for whenever she feels the need to be at sea.

I believe her name was Mama Lou. We met Mama Lou on the Carnival Inspiration back in 2005. She had her own Carnival Name Tag. She was a widow and she used to sail on RCCL but moved over to Carnival. Her husband was a retired General (I think) and she was sitting pretty good on his retirement.

I have often wondered what had happen to her.

A few cruises ago we went to the Past Guest party--the host was asking how many cruises people had been on and a lady's caretaker said some way high number to win the bottle of wine!! Now I'm wondering if the Medicare Advantage plan I'm on would accept this in lieu of home health care--got a $0. copay for lots of days I think..........A Carnival HMO if you will........Hotel Motoring on the Ocean! More acronyms please.....

What a way to go!

My apologies- didn't realize you had met her.

My only recommendation for those considering life onboard- be certain that you only sail to places where the medical care is good. My mother thought she would do this- was put off the ship deathly ill in Asia and died alone there. Not to be a downer about the idea.

I'm so sorry! :(

There was or is a lady named Elizabeth that lives on a Celebrity ship or cruises on it so constantly that the crew all know her by name very well. On my sister's cruise she walked up to a piano in the lobby and played for over 2 hours with no sheet music. Got up and walked away. Crew member told my sister about her.

I would love to meet one of these elderly cruisers. Pre WWII folks have such a wealth of stories & experiences. Maybe 1 of the cruiselines can create an assisted living scenerio on a ship- wouldn't that be awesome. Hey, we just thought of a new concept-who's got the money to get it started?

Dear Bandit..............

We met at Pearl Harbor and spoke with some actual survivors of the Arizona...............I was in awe.

You are so right our seniors have so much to offer if we only took the time to listen.

Sorry did not mean to hijack the thread.

Safe travels.

Archived