Cozemel - Best All Purpuse Beach

jtwanabe

I will be soloing and without my better half to guide me I am asking for directions. I'm looking for the best all around beach to go to next week in Cozumel that has the following in order of importance:

1) Beautiful Beach (white sand, clear water maybe decent surf)

2) Good Snorkeling

3) Food & Drink

4) Restrooms and Change room

I don't mind paying reasonable prices for a memorable experience.

Thanks in advance

I will be soloing and without my better half to guide me I am asking for directions. I'm looking for the best all around beach to go to next week in Cozumel that has the following in order of importance:

1) Beautiful Beach (white sand, clear water maybe decent surf)

2) Good Snorkeling

3) Food & Drink

4) Restrooms and Change room

I don't mind paying reasonable prices for a memorable experience.

Thanks in advance

Passion Island is great for all but the snorkeling we love it . its the beach they used to shoot the Corona commercials at. I dont much about the snorkeling though.

I give my vote to Paridise beach its free to get in but they charge $2.00 for chair rental . the food and drinks are very good they added a new pool and changing rooms and bathrooms last year very clean the water has been very clear 4 out of 5 times i have been there there was a storm the day befor and kicked up the bottom so it was a little cloudy i have never done the snorkeling there i have not done it but they have a long peir with steps into the water where you can snorkle hope this helps ....you can check this out at Paridisebeach.com

My last trip I thoroughly enjoyed The Money Bar. Short cab ride from the port with all sorts of different packages available, all at a reasonable price.

The entire area was clean and neat, the bathroom was spacious and very clean.

The water was beautiful, they have lounge chairs, an open air bar/eating area, snorkeling, lockers, beach side massage (!!!!) etc.

I'd highly recommend it! Like I always say...they should change their name LOL!

I don't think there is a fee to just enjoy the beach either, but their packages are affordable and lovely!

http://www.moneybarbeachclub.com/

the last 2 times my DH & I went to Mr sanchos...very good value, (and we aren't big drinkers)! :)

If I go solo...I usually do the Fury catamaran offered thru the cruiseline. it costs a little more, but if you add in taxi fare to the beaches, it comes out a little better. The only thing it does not offer is food (ok there are burgers - but at about $7).

You get to snorkle for about 45 minutes, drink unlimited beer & margaritas, spend about 1 1/2 hours at the beach (just further down from all the others), they have great floating toys!, then sail back to the ship, dancing & drinking...with still plenty of time to head back out after showering & having lunch on the ship. and no worries about being alone with your stuff unattended. (small crowd).

Money Bar Beach has pretty good snorkeling, but not that great of a beach. Food is OK and drinks are reasonable. Water shoes are a good idea for entering/exiting the water here.

Nachi has a nice beach.

Mr Sanchos is our usual go-to place in Coz. Good beach, good food, reasonable prices. Good environment without too many kids running around. We do not do the AI, just the pay as you go.

Maybe I missed it..Nachi Cocum(sp?)-any "basic" snorkelling?

Another vote for Nachi. Five trips there and nothing but wonderful times!

Snorkleing is poor from the beach with only a couple of coral nodes. Having said that two years ago I saw the biggest baddest Barracduda hanging out on the only peice of coral withing 50 miles!

There are excuersions offered from the beach I think maybe $20? The price was going down quickly last year as no one was going.

Nachi Cocom...

It would be 45 dollars, but it's all inclusive. We LOVE it there!

I would vote for Nachi as well IF you are looking for an all inclusive.

But snorkeling will cost extra.

IF you want an all inclusive that includes snorkeling, then I would vote for Mr Sanchos.

IF you want ala carte, then I would vote for Paradise Beach.

The snorkeling from any beach resort is ok for a beginner....but if you want the BEST snorkeling, you have to go to the reefs.

TO any of the beach resorts...the taxi will be about $15 one way. (or you may be able to hop a van for $5 a person one way if you don't mind "stops" along the way)

OR if you find another couple headed your way.... split a taxi... because the $15 ish one way is for up to 4 people.

Don't worry about getting a taxi back to the ship from any resort on the WEST side...they have more taxis than sand in Cozumel

Enjoy!!

I have to disagree - LOL - IMHO - for you LHP... :p FB humor.. :D

If traveling solo and price is not a big deal and snorkeling is what you are looking for than I personally would choose Chankanaab Park. Cost $17 to get in and it is a government run Marine Park. The snorkeling is INCREDIBLE because the reef is right there. If you can walk into the beach typically the snorkeling is not so good in comparison as here you will be surrounded by fish not a just a few to watch. They have a good restuarant and nice restrooms and you can even do vacation scuba course at one of the dive huts on the beach. You can rent snorkel gear from them too and a locker if you want. This is our favorite beach for snorkeling. And it is a very pretty clean place with easy taxi service there and taxis all the time to take you back to the ship right at the entrance.. Just wanting to give you another option - they have a website too. Have fun no matter what you decide just had to get my 2 cents in.. :D

Archived