What time does Port Everglades open for check-in?

U2FanHFX

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't find anything that related exactly to my question.

We are Disney cruisers and when we go on one, we get to the port around 9:00-9:30 to check in. Now this is at Port Canaveral.

Next Sunday we will be sailing on the Allure of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know when they open the port to check in at Port Everglades?

Thanks!

Chad J.

I have travelled from Port Everglades on several occasions. I have never been able to enter before 11:30am. This is a very busy port and they often have multiple (we have 6 ships in port the day we are departing) ships.

If there is a ship coming in to your pier the day you are getting on, it would all depend how quickly the ship is vacated and this is not always in the ship's power (there could be customs delays) or other issues.

Check your cruise ship to see if another cruise is coming in that morning. if there is I do not think that you can go through check in until 11 or so at the earliest.

I have travelled from Port Everglades on several occasions. I have never been able to enter before 11:30am. This is a very busy port and they often have multiple (we have 6 ships in port the day we are departing) ships.

If there is a ship coming in to your pier the day you are getting on, it would all depend how quickly the ship is vacated and this is not always in the ship's power (there could be customs delays) or other issues.

Check your cruise ship to see if another cruise is coming in that morning. if there is I do not think that you can go through check in until 11 or so at the earliest.

have no idea what you're taliking about. Lots of people are already on the ship and eating lunch in the windjammer by 11:30.

The op can get to the port at 9, but will just wait. Best to get there at 10:30 IMO.

I guess that its just been my bad luck. I have never been able to even enter the building before 11:30am. I have not been to Port Everglades

since December 2008 and it was noon before they let anyone checkin and then we had to wait in the Priority waiting area. Maybe its better now that you can get on earlier. I know that in Miami last year, we were Diamond and no one was allowed on the ship prior to 1pm. I think its just a matter of luck

how fast your ship is cleared, cleaned and ready to board.

this next cruise (in 20 days) in Port Everglades I will try getting there by 11 and see what happens.

We have on two occasions gotten to Port Everglades about 9:00am (directly from FLL on a redeye flight from LAX) and we were the first in line..doors opened about 10-10:30am and since we also have priority access we were the first onboard by 11:00am..a strange experience to be the first onboard ....NICE !!!

Archived