Dawn Deluxe Owner Suite Inquiry

susique

We were fortunate to be able to upsell ourselves to a DOS on the Dawn for 11 day Thanksgiving Cruise. I have a couple of questions I have been unble to find the answers for. Can someone help?

1. I know they provide 3 bottles of liquor to consume in my cabin, of course. What kind of mixers can I expect? I like different martinis. Should I bring my own mixers?

2. More recent posts do not indicate if the courtyard is still included. My husband has been away for 3 months working (in Barbados, go figure) and will return for this cruise. He would love this area.

Any other info would be helpful. Pictures of #12500 would be great.

Susie

There isn't a courtyard on the Dawn - so that answers that question.

As for mixers, you can get pretty much anything you want - but we don't drink martinis so wouldn't know if you what you want you would be able to get. Sodas are no problem - that I know. I would think most anything else is also available.

Just got back from the dawn on Oct 28.

Here is a link to the pictures for 12502.

http://web.me.com/compfixer/Site/Photos.html

We had a choice of vodka, wines, bacardi, etc... we do not drink so we ordered what we could bring home for firends. But ask your Butler for whatever you need.

There is absolutely no courtyard on the dawn.

I must admit, I was somewhat underwhelmed by the DOS, but we do love the Dawn and its staff!

Keep in mind the lay out of 12500 is much different that 12502. The two outside DOSs are one bedroom with the large living room. 12500 will have two bedrooms/two bathrooms with a smaller living room. I haven't seen any photos of 12500 on the Dawn (yet), but there are photos of 12500 on the Star which has a similar floor plan. If it's just you and the husband I'd try to get one of the outside DOSs. However, if you're traveling with others the second bedroom is a great feature.

I don't remember seeing anything about mixes. The suite though does come with sodas and water. Enjoy!

When we were in the DOS on Star we had no problem getting anything we wanted from the Butler. If they have the mixer on the ship they will get it for you. Basically, any three kinds of liquor, not just what was on the list...within reason. No Johnnie Walker Blue, etc. But we got Grey Goose. We loved the two bedroom version because Mom got her own room and bathroom, very helpful!

On our last cabin crawl we spent some time in the one bedroom version, also terrific.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are already booked into 12500. Now I can get away from his snoring(and that is during day). Thanks for the info on the mixers. I am all set now. I probably won't get him out of the cabin. I thought about asking my mother-in-law if she wanted to go, then thought, NOT!

We were fortunate to be able to upsell ourselves to a DOS on the Dawn for 11 day Thanksgiving Cruise. I have a couple of questions I have been unble to find the answers for. Can someone help?

1. I know they provide 3 bottles of liquor to consume in my cabin, of course. What kind of mixers can I expect? I like different martinis. Should I bring my own mixers?

2. More recent posts do not indicate if the courtyard is still included. My husband has been away for 3 months working (in Barbados, go figure) and will return for this cruise. He would love this area.

Any other info would be helpful. Pictures of #12500 would be great.

Susie

Hi Susie, We are on this sailing with you. I noticed that there seem to be several suites available still. I wondered how you went about upselling yourself? Did you just pay the difference between what you paid and the current price of the DOS cabin? Or did they offer you some sort of discount?

I am happy with the mini suite that we booked, but who wouldn't love to have a larger suite. It is just hard for me to spend the extra money on a suite since we have don't seem to spend that much time in the stateroom.

My fear is that this mini suite may work out the same as the balcony on the NCL Pearl. It seemed that the only time that we wanted to use the balcony was early in the morning or late at night and it was very challenging to get out there due to the sofa bed and pullman for our children being opened and completely blocking the door.

Thanks for your input.:)

Carrie

We were lucky enough to be upsold to room 12500 for the Sept 30th Bermuda cruise on the Dawn. I have a few pics of the room. Awesome room with an amazing view to wake up to. Butler will get you anything you need for mixers. Just let me know if you have specific questions about the room I could answer - ENJOY!

Carrey, I saw the family suites get down to $1999.00 each last Sunday. That was about $500.00 lower than they were when we first booked. I called my PCC and got them to upsell us. It was about $500.00 more than we paid for the mini-suite each. Then 3 days later I seen they went down again to $1499.00. Called PCC again and he told us we could not give us a refund, but added $125.00 OBC. Low and behold on last Friday morning, I was looking again and the DOS was only 2099.00. He changed us to that cabin, however, I lost our orginal OBC (150.00), but gained a lot more.

There were as of this afternoon about 7 family suites left at that priceand 1 more DOS. The family suites are less than mid ship mini-suites.

You can call you PCC. Ours is Lee and he was wonderful.

Carrey, I saw the family suites get down to $1999.00 each last Sunday. That was about $500.00 lower than they were when we first booked. I called my PCC and got them to upsell us. It was about $500.00 more than we paid for the mini-suite each. Then 3 days later I seen they went down again to $1499.00. Called PCC again and he told us we could not give us a refund, but added $125.00 OBC. Low and behold on last Friday morning, I was looking again and the DOS was only 2099.00. He changed us to that cabin, however, I lost our orginal OBC (150.00), but gained a lot more.

There were as of this afternoon about 7 family suites left at that priceand 1 more DOS. The family suites are less than mid ship mini-suites.

You can call you PCC. Ours is Lee and he was wonderful.

Thank you for the information. I called about this also because I too have noticed the price drops. We booked when they did the children sail for free promotion, so our mini suite was $1500 per person but only paid for 2 people. So even with the price drops the family suite works out to be about $900 more then we originally paid; Clearly I can not complain!:)

Thanks again for letting me in on how you did the upgrade. Have a great trip!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Carrie,

Have a great time. I know I will. Now I have to try and get my husband to leave the suite. That may be hard.

We will have a good time and it will be even better since we got upgraded to the SJ Family Suite for only $350 for the 4 of us.

I am sure that we will see you at the m & g if you are signed up.

Looking forward to a wonderful trip and a very nice cabin to spoil us.:)

• 8 months later...
We were lucky enough to be upsold to room 12500 for the Sept 30th Bermuda cruise on the Dawn. I have a few pics of the room. Awesome room with an amazing view to wake up to. Butler will get you anything you need for mixers. Just let me know if you have specific questions about the room I could answer - ENJOY!

I know this is late but we have booked this room with another couple on Sept 7th and want to know if there is a mattress on the sleep sofa in bedroom # 2 or not ...does it just fold open or is there a mattress inside that unfolds?? concerned about 2 adults sleeping comfortably there.

Archived