Things to do with 2yo in Nassau?

Vericurious18

If you're looking for something free to do, try a walking tour. You can look them up on Google. Bring along a stroller (if you can) or kid carrier (backpack, sling, etc.).

We are planning on getting off the ship only for conch fritters in Nassau. :D

I just did a walking tour of Nassau last week. I do not think a stroller would work out very well. Sidewalks appear and re-appear, and are often crumbly. If you have a backpack, bring that instead.

The Queens staircase is great, as is Fort FinCastle. The old library is a former jail, still with cells. One cell is the children's section.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 yr old LOVES the beach. We were just on a Disney Cruise and stopped in Nassau. We did an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island. It was beautiful there. The water was very shallow and calm, perfect for my 2 yr old. Have fun whatever you decide!

Thanks, Michele, I checked out your responses to the other thread. The suggestion to do the Atlantis aquarium sounds good and it made me wonder if I should make reservations through their website or book it via the cruise.

Since the price of the aquarium (the dig) went up. Check the cruise line price and compare. There used to be such a huge price difference between the two. But now, I think the cruise lines are falling in line and offering a comparable price to get back the Atlantis direct business. ;)

So price it out. If it's not that much more to go with the cruise line - then go ahead and go with them - at least your tickets will be refundable in case anything happens with the weather and you need to cancel your excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
That is great! Thank you. We were planning to just walk to the pirate museum. Perhaps we will expand our adventures thanks to your info.

Have a great time! And please come back and let us know what you decided to do. We always love to hear about everyone's experiences. :D

Archived