Farewell dinner festivities on last night?

pandi77

Does anyone know if the cruise lines still have a special "fare thee well" dinner on the last night with a few songs and dances in the MDR? My husband and I haven't done the MDR in so long but are bringing first time cruises next month on the Jewel and don't want to deny them the experience :-) I recall on my first few cruises eating in the MDR on the last night and having the entire dining crew involved in song and dance with the tables and serving baked alaska with sparklers and the whole shabang...lol. Is this still the case?

They still sing and dance,but no sparklers or Baked Alaska(fire hazards)

I guess that makes sense...lol. Sparklers aside I think that a first time cruiser would probably enjoy that experience so I will make sure we all make it to dinner that night!

Yes of course...we sort of abuse the concierge usually and have them deliver our gratuities at the end of the cruise but if we're actually going to see the same employees each night (use mdr) i'd rather hand off in person.

Archived