Solo Security Question

sirdavid

Traveling solo on Sky next week to Bahamas....First time solo.

Any advice re leaving key card and camera while in pool etc. This question never applied before always traveled as a couple.

I suppose you could leave them with the pool attendant but unless you are spending large amounts of time in the pool it's probably not worth it. The pool deck is well covered by surveillance cameras and most people know it. You can also leave the camera in your room while you go up to have a dip and put your key card in your swim suit pocket (unless of course you wear speedoes;)).

You could always leave your camera in your stateroom, unless there is a particular reason you would have to bring it to the pool. As for the key card, you can get the front desk to punch a hole in in and hook it to your swim suit, you could get the clips that they use to hold name tags on sweaters. Or you can get a waterproof pouch to throw around your neck.

Traveling solo on Sky next week to Bahamas....First time solo.

Any advice re leaving key card and camera while in pool etc. This question never applied before always traveled as a couple.

My husband never goes to the pool with me so I'm essentially 'solo'. I've always left camera, key card in my tote with my book , bottled water,

suncscreen etc. I've never had a problem with anything being taken.

I am sure it will be fine but you dont want to leave anything expensive laying around

The firsdt time I traveled on NCL I was traveling alone.

The biggest probelm I had was the sad face from all the staff when they found out I was alone.

I was fortunate enough to sail in a suite and I ate at Cagneys every day for breakie and lunch.

It was comical the sad look the maitre d gave me the first few times I mentioned I was alone. Once she got to know me it was table for 1 and a smile

Actually had a great time alone.

Have a great trip

Use your key as your bookmark. Cover your camera with a towel or put it in your tote bag (you need something to carry your book, sunscreen, etc).....you won't be THAT far away that you can't keep an eye on it! And, ask the folks sitting near you to keep an eye out!

My husband never goes to the pool with me so I'm essentially 'solo'. I've always left camera, key card in my tote with my book , bottled water,

suncscreen etc. I've never had a problem with anything being taken.

Same here - my husband hates sunbathing so I'm on my own and I've never had an issue with anything disappearing.

Archived