Any experiece using Travel Insured???

CSBM

We are looking to take our very first cruise this July. I have never purchased travel insurance before. The booking company we used suggested Travel Insured. I have read the policy and it seems to have everything we need. i just need to know that someone is familiar and has used this company before.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!!!

CSBM:)

We are looking to take our very first cruise this July. I have never purchased travel insurance before. The booking company we used suggested Travel Insured. I have read the policy and it seems to have everything we need. i just need to know that someone is familiar and has used this company before.

Thanks for helping out a newbie!!!

CSBM:)

Try going to insuremytrip.com and check their ratings/reviews system. Pay special attention to the reviews left by those that have had to file a claim as that's the real test. For the various Travel Insured plans I believe there are currently over 400 reviews posted.

I have used TI for cruises. The first time I used them, I had 2 visits to the ship infirmary. The bill was over$ $500. After the cruise, I submitted the claim with documentation and received full reimbursement in a couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have or hear of any experiences in filing claim for trip cancellation with Travel Insured? I have always purchased policy at the time of booking and unfortunately had to cancel our 14 day Dec 6 Panama Canal cruise due to my elderly Mother's hospitalization and health decline and placement on Hospice. My claim for $5000.00+ has been in since 12/27/2011 and they tell me it will take 6 weeks before they will even review my claim. Is this just a scam deal by the booking agents who I bet get a kick-back from the insurers?

Be patient; they've only had your claim for a few days, and I suspect claims processing was running shorthanded the last couple weeks of the year, just like most businesses. They have some catching up to do and even under normal circumstances 4-6 weeks is not an outlandish claim processing time; it won't break any speed records, but it isn't out of line either.

Insurers do not pay out claims the second your claim form comes in the mail; they need to assign an adjuster, actually read what you have submitted, request extra documentation from physicians as necessary, have the claim reviewed by the actual underwriter (who is different from the claims processor), and then cut your check.

Be patient; they've only had your claim for a few days, and I suspect claims processing was running shorthanded the last couple weeks of the year, just like most businesses. They have some catching up to do and even under normal circumstances 4-6 weeks is not an outlandish claim processing time; it won't break any speed records, but it isn't out of line either.

Insurers do not pay out claims the second your claim form comes in the mail; they need to assign an adjuster, actually read what you have submitted, request extra documentation from physicians as necessary, have the claim reviewed by the actual underwriter (who is different from the claims processor), and then cut your check.

Plus, the person that the OP spoke to has absolutely no idea how long this particular claim will take. It might take a week, it might take three weeks, it might take six weeks. But what do you tell a person calling in? If it's me I tell him it could take up to six weeks. Promising a quicker turnaround than that when there's no basis to back up that promise is lousy customer service.

Archived