Nachi Cocom vs Mr Sanchos

peachyisthelife

I know, two pretty different places lol. First time to Coz in a few weeks and after hours and hours of research I've narrowed it down to these two. It will just be hubby and I, leaving the kids at home with grandma.

I want quiet, which I know NC is. But Mr Sanchos is appealing b/c you can pay as you go, has really good food apparently, seems like better service than NC, and if we do choose to do the all inclusive, the snorkling gear, etc are included as well as all you can eat food. NC doesn't include the non-motorized stuff in their AI. From what I've read, NC's food is only ok and it's not all you can eat. But the beach looks awesome and love the idea of quiet-we are not drinkers (no drinking at all)or into the party scene whatsoever. Trying to decide if I want to compromise the quiet for better/more food and really just getting by with paying less-we aren't rolling in dough at all. And there's only a small chance we may do snorkling, but there is a possiblilty.

If you've been to either or both please shed some light for me! (Oh and Mr Sanchos doesn't have a limit on people per day does it?)

The food at Nachi was great - not all you can eat, but more than enough (try the shrimp! ;)) for my family and the service was wonderful. :D

Snorkeling from the beach at either location will not be very good - you need to get away from the sand and waves and over coral and reefs to see lots of fish; unless you do a snorkel tour or go to someplace like the Money Bar (http://www.moneybarbeachclub.com/) you are likely to be disappointed.

Good luck! :)

I know, two pretty different places lol. First time to Coz in a few weeks and after hours and hours of research I've narrowed it down to these two. It will just be hubby and I, leaving the kids at home with grandma.

I want quiet, which I know NC is. But Mr Sanchos is appealing b/c you can pay as you go, has really good food apparently, seems like better service than NC, and if we do choose to do the all inclusive, the snorkling gear, etc are included as well as all you can eat food. NC doesn't include the non-motorized stuff in their AI. From what I've read, NC's food is only ok and it's not all you can eat. But the beach looks awesome and love the idea of quiet-we are not drinkers (no drinking at all)or into the party scene whatsoever. Trying to decide if I want to compromise the quiet for better/more food and really just getting by with paying less-we aren't rolling in dough at all. And there's only a small chance we may do snorkling, but there is a possiblilty.

If you've been to either or both please shed some light for me! (Oh and Mr Sanchos doesn't have a limit on people per day does it?)

DW and I have done Nachi twice and loved it. Best beach day ever. The beach and the pool are beautiful. The service and the food are both great, so I'm not sure why you think its better at Mr. Sanchos. However, since Nachi is an AI and you guys don't drink, you may be better off somewhere you can pay as you go. But if you are willing to pay for the AI, you can't beat Nachi.

I don't know if they were having an off day or not but when we went to Nachi in October the service was definitely lacking. So bad we didn't tip and we always tip, even with not so great service. Other than that, if your looking for a laid back atmosphere with a decent beach then it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to go to Nachi - until we had lousy service there 2 times in a row. We switched to Mr. Sanchos and like it much better. The food is better and there is more choice. The coconut shrimp with orange sauce is awesome. We found the service at Mr. Sanchos much better because you get 2 servers. The beach is wider there too. We like getting a palapa with a large table and loungers instead of just getting the loungers and eating off a snack table at Nachi. The entry into the water is soft sand at Mr. Sanchos so we don't have to pack the beach shoes. If you go the AI route the kayaks and snorkel gear are included. We were there in May 2011 and again in August 2011 and have our reservations for Jan. 2012. I also like the fact that the deposit is only $5.00 per person, so if something comes up you don't feel like you have to go there because you have alot invested. As for quiet - the AI side is quiet. The swim up bar is great on the AI side too. If you want the water toys there is an extra charge. They are down by the a la carte section so you aren't bothered by it on the AI side. They are quite strict about keeping people out of the AI side unless they pay the AI fee.

Edited by DebJ14

We used to go to Nachi - until we had lousy service there 2 times in a row. We switched to Mr. Sanchos and like it much better. The food is better and there is more choice. The coconut shrimp with orange sauce is awesome. We found the service at Mr. Sanchos much better because you get 2 servers. The beach is wider there too. We like getting a palapa with a large table and loungers instead of just getting the loungers and eating off a snack table at Nachi. The entry into the water is soft sand at Mr. Sanchos so we don't have to pack the beach shoes. If you go the AI route the kayaks and snorkel gear are included. We were there in May 2011 and again in August 2011 and have our reservations for Jan. 2012. I also like the fact that the deposit is only $5.00 per person, so if something comes up you don't feel like you have to go there because you have alot invested. As for quiet - the AI side is quiet. The swim up bar is great on the AI side too. If you want the water toys there is an extra charge. They are down by the a la carte section so you aren't bothered by it on the AI side. They are quite strict about keeping people out of the AI side unless they pay the AI fee.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Despite my leaning towards NC, we decided on Sanchos b/c it looks like we won't be able to be at the beach more than maybe 3 hours or so, so I don't think it's worth doing AI at either beach, so well just pay as we go at Sanchos.

mr sanchos snorkel , kayak and lunch is $30 and includes a few soft drinks with lunch. its booked through cozumel watersports dot com. but ive heard snorkeling isnt good.

we have decided to get a taxi to the money bar to snorkel for a few hrs, then taxi to mr sanchos for the rest of the day, we might also stop at carlos and charlies befor returning to the ship.

i read the money bar is 3miles away and mr sanchos is 10 miles from the ship, so as money bar is on the way to sanchos i figured we'd do both!

I think if you dont drink pay as u go would be better for you, i cant imagine lunch costing $50 so nachi wouldnt be worth it.

does anyone know the price of this coconut shrimp i keep hearing about?

also can anyone tell me and the op if there is music at mr sanchos? is it a party atmousphere or can the op still get peace and quiet? I dont actually want peace and quiet which is why ill probably end up in carlos and charlies lol kinda doing a beachbar crawl :cool:

So would you say it's quieter on the AI side?

mr sanchos snorkel , kayak and lunch is $30 and includes a few soft drinks with lunch. its booked through cozumel watersports dot com. but ive heard snorkeling isnt good.

we have decided to get a taxi to the money bar to snorkel for a few hrs, then taxi to mr sanchos for the rest of the day, we might also stop at carlos and charlies befor returning to the ship.

i read the money bar is 3miles away and mr sanchos is 10 miles from the ship, so as money bar is on the way to sanchos i figured we'd do both!

I think if you dont drink pay as u go would be better for you, i cant imagine lunch costing $50 so nachi wouldnt be worth it.

does anyone know the price of this coconut shrimp i keep hearing about?

also can anyone tell me and the op if there is music at mr sanchos? is it a party atmousphere or can the op still get peace and quiet? I dont actually want peace and quiet which is why ill probably end up in carlos and charlies lol kinda doing a beachbar crawl :cool:

there is a C&C beach club just past the money bar, its a very short walk down the beach and you would save the taxi fair from going out to MrSancho's. Just a thought as we did something similar to this last year.

there is a C&C beach club just past the money bar, its a very short walk down the beach and you would save the taxi fair from going out to MrSancho's. Just a thought as we did something similar to this last year.

thanks! I am with someone who wants to snorkel, but i dont, so trying to please both of us. I do like the look of mr sanchos though

Just did Mr Sanchos last week.

Had a blast with family and friends. We had Francisco and Roman take care of us while we were there. We did the AI package and ate and drank until we couldn't eat or drink anymore. Coconut shrimp, seafood ceviche, and steak fajitas are a must. However, it was ALL great. Nothing like eating Mexican in Mexico. Have a Dos Equis for me!

I have no idea why I even clicked over here, since I thought I had all of my excursions planned out... I was all ready to make reservations at Nachi until I started reading these posts, now I am not sure! It will just be my hubby and I and we are looking for someplace to be able to relax. Beach, pool, etc. + the included drinks and food. We are not planning on doing any activities per se, just vegging in the sunshine. Which would be the best choice? I am so confused! :confused::confused::confused:

Having been to both (although Nachi was a few years ago), I found Nachi to be much more of a relaxed and quiet atmosphere. We liked Mr Sanchos because we had our 8 year old with us and it was great for her. But we felt kind of packed in with the lounge chairs. We thought it seemed more "private" at Nachi. Either one though is a good pick!

I have no idea why I even clicked over here, since I thought I had all of my excursions planned out... I was all ready to make reservations at Nachi until I started reading these posts, now I am not sure! It will just be my hubby and I and we are looking for someplace to be able to relax. Beach, pool, etc. + the included drinks and food. We are not planning on doing any activities per se, just vegging in the sunshine. Which would be the best choice? I am so confused! :confused::confused::confused:

Nachi! No place is perfect 100% of the time, but we were very happy with the uncrowded facilities, quiet & relaxing atmosphere, nice beach, good pool, wonderful food and service and unlimited drinks. If the hot tub had actually been hot instead of warm it would have been perfect. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Of course, all the posters here know that Mr Sancho's and Nachi are adjacent to each other and it is only a 5 minute walk from one beach to the other.

The only difference I found between the two is that Sancho's is better for families with small kids than nachi, which is more adult oriented.

Enjoy whichever one you choose.

I have no idea why I even clicked over here, since I thought I had all of my excursions planned out... I was all ready to make reservations at Nachi until I started reading these posts, now I am not sure!

I feel the same way! For those who've taken kids, can they get as many smoothies as they want at Mr. Sanchos? I think they can at Nachi.

I feel the same way! For those who've taken kids, can they get as many smoothies as they want at Mr. Sanchos? I think they can at Nachi.

Yes, kids can order whatever they want, smoothies or any non-alchoholic drink, and eat anything on the menu (except lobster) just like adults, who get to choose any alchoholic (or non-alcoholic) drink. My teen daughter drank smoothies and feasted on coconut shrimp, fish tacos and anything she wanted on the menu, all day at Mr. Sanchos. Since we were all-inclusive, we also got a chance to take a dip in the pool (beautiful), lounge on the beds, and use the snorkel and kayaks. Great deal at Mr. Sanchos and if we ever get back to Cozumel, I'd definately go there again! We were the only ship in port and there were only about 2 other groups of 2-4 people that showed up on the all-inclusive side. We had the place to ourselves. Noticed that the pay your own way side was a little crowded ... and loud "Honey, you want a drink in a coconut!?!?!" Some woman screamed from the pay your own way beach to her husband in the water. lol.

Edited by ibcnusoon

Yes, kids can order whatever they want, smoothies or any non-alchoholic drink, and eat anything on the menu (except lobster) just like adults, who get to choose any alchoholic (or non-alcoholic) drink. My teen daughter drank smoothies and feasted on coconut shrimp, fish tacos and anything she wanted on the menu, all day at Mr. Sanchos. Since we were all-inclusive, we also got a chance to take a dip in the pool (beautiful), lounge on the beds, and use the snorkel and kayaks. Great deal at Mr. Sanchos and if we ever get back to Cozumel, I'd definately go there again!

That was very helpful. Thanks!

mr sanchos snorkel , kayak and lunch is $30 and includes a few soft drinks with lunch. its booked through cozumel watersports dot com.

This doesn't sound like it's the all-inclusive. For some reason, I can't find the pricing for the AI. The website doesn't show it and most say they chose it but don't say how much it is. I'm looking to do a price comparison so I'll have a better idea of whether Mr. Sanchos will work better for us. I know Nachi will be $55 for the adults and $17 for the kids. Can someone fill in the hole for me for how much Mr. Sanchos would be for adults and kids for the AI? Thanks in advance!

Edited by cathep