Questions for Barbados-Barbados Cruise

themutis

Wondering if anyone has been on this particular cruise lately. If so, I have a couple of questions:

In Bequia and Mayreau there are some excursions offered, but we are pretty much just beach people, will there be a beach that offers chairs and maybe a restaurant that we could just hang out at? Or should we book an excursion.

We are flying into Barbados the day of the tour and were wondering if anyone know how much wine we can bring and if there is a store near the port that sells wine.

Thanks, Eileen

We are flying into Barbados the day of the tour and were wondering if anyone know how much wine we can bring and if there is a store near the port that sells wine.

Do you mean you are flying in the day your cruise leaves? That would be too risky for me. Windstar allows you to bring on as much wine and champagne as you want.

Would love to come in the day before, but our schedules don't permit it :(

But we did purchase travel insurance so if something happens hopefully we'll be ok (except for the stress )

We will bring some wine with us - thanks for the info

The Wind Spirit doesn't depart until 10:00 PM, so as long as you are able to arrive with a couple of hours to spare it should be fine. Good to have travel insurance though. The first port is St. Lucia and I believe LIAT operates daily flights. So even if something happens it should be fairly easy to catch up.

This is Windstar's policy:

Bottles or other containers of beer and other alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's shops or otherwise brought on the ship cannot be consumed on the ship, with the exception of wine and champagne. If the beverages are purchased from the vessel's shops or at ports of call, they will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. Our staff will make arrangements to store the items for you during the cruise. Guests can bring wines and champagne purchased from outside the ship onboard for consumption in their stateroom. For consumption in the restaurants or bars, a corkage fee will be applied to the guests onboard account.

I cannot remember what the corkage fee was.

Keep in mind that you need to claim any alcohol you bring across a border at customs, and you might be charged duty on anything over one bottle each that you bring into Barbados. It could slow you down at the customs checkpoint to enter the country.

Corkage fee is $15. OP didn't ask about bringing wine into Barbados, but honestly, if I wanted to do this, I'd just pack it and not declare it. Their main concern are things like produce, not two bottles of wine.

Actual picture of Customs guard at BGI, hard at work:

barbados-customs-sleeping.jpg?w=490&h=323

Archived