need help leaving PA for FL.....

Denise5374

Wea re flying out of Newark NJ on Friday night heading out on Oasis of the Seas, I have no idea what to wear on the plane ride down or back.

I am assuming it will be colder here than is Ft. Lauderdale.

Suggestions??

Layers. I usually wear light weight Khaki pants (I have some that convert to Capris) and a nice t shirt. Then layer with a lightweight sweater, and carry a light jacket if needed. Make sure you are comfortable for the flight. I sometimes wear Light weight pilates pants with a Tee or Tank.. then layer.

On my feet, canvas shoes - short socks if I need them, but I don't think you would presently.

Don't forget the hat and sun block.

For the upcoming weeks, I don't think you need to worry. I still haven't given up my bermuda shorts and Sandals and I'm currently in NY.

Whenever I fly I like comfort more than style. Not to say you can't look good wearing comfortable clothing, but I stay away from things like jeans that are unforgiving around the waist.

I have a pair of Zenergy pants from Chicos, along with a top and lightweight jacket from the same line. It's like wearing pajamas it's so comfy. If it's cold I simply wear socks and closed toed shoes, I'll add a cami under the top. The jacket folds down to almost nothing in a carry on.

I wear the same outfit both outbound and homebound.

We leave from Omaha, so it's almost always really cold. I leave my winter stuff in the car for the short ride on the shuttle to the airport. I wear comfortable long pants (usually not jeans), a short sleeve top and a cardigan layered with a jacket--whatever light jacket I plan to take on the cruise anyway. I'm often cold on planes too, so I can peel layers on and off as needed.

I find even on Caribbean cruises I sometimes need a jacket or sweater at night and Florida can be chilly, so that way I've got the jacket/sweater without having to add them to my suitcase.

For shoes I often wear my walking shoes so I don't have to pack them, but if I have room in my luggage for the walking shoes, I'd rather wear a pair of slide ons for ease at the gates.

Dont always bank on it being warmer. In December-February we've had some days, even in Miami area that were in the 30's and even a high of the 50's you might be cold.

Layers, layers, layers..

Wea re flying out of Newark NJ on Friday night heading out on Oasis of the Seas, I have no idea what to wear on the plane ride down or back.

I am assuming it will be colder here than is Ft. Lauderdale.

Suggestions??

Dont always bank on it being warmer. In December-February we've had some days, even in Miami area that were in the 30's and even a high of the 50's you might be cold.

Layers, layers, layers..

good advice. We remember Miami in January 2010 when it was in the 30's and the same for Key West.

Keith

My flights have been chilly lately, although now and then they are stuffy. Wear a short sleeve shirt, sweater, and bring along a pashmina style wrap--that's all you need going form the car to the airport at EWR.

It's ~68 degrees in the Orlando area right now, based on the thermometer mounted outside my window. Probably a bit warmer in Ft. Lauderdale.

This is a weird time of year in Florida, it can be 85 one day and 60 the next, so layers are the way to go. You will need a sweater for the evening, even on the ship.

Archived