what do you do befor your cruise

chefjhh

First of all I go and see if there is a roll call started. If there is I start chit-chatting with the other people. That sure passes the time away. If there is no roll call started, then I would start one. I have met some of the greatest people on the roll call board.

Second, I would do alot of searching on the area that I am visiting. I request from chamber of commerce's if they are in the U.S. for example like Alaska town. If other countries I do a google search and see what comes up.

The most important thing is that I read these boards. I go to the Ports of Call board, and if I need a hotel for pre-post cruise I go to that board. I also ready just about everything on the appropriate cruiseline message board of the Cruise Critic board.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

I got a time clock on my message so that i could see the days melting away..

Talk and meet those folks who will be on board Roll Call.

(really they are the only ones who will talk cruising 24/7. :)

Daydream....

Cruise gets closer each day!

I can't believe that my first cruise has finally arrived...well Saturday that is! I booked it last November and have been (borderline) obsessing over it since! I have spent the majority of my free time researching, planning and preparing for this trip. Yes I do believe I lost my sanity somewhere in the mall, or maybe you'll see it somewhere on these boards... If you happen to find it please return it to me...But you will have to wait until the 17th...I'll be unavailable 'till then ;-)

Happy Cruisin'

oh, i just let myself go crazy :D . i read the cruise boards all the time, think about the cruise 24/7, make sure i have all the clothes i need to have by '' shopping'' and start putting things in my bag that i might forget. get a red pen or marker and cross off each day. somehow it makes it look like it is getting closer too sailing time. dont worry the day you sail will get here somehow ;) .

have a great cruise

I can't believe that my first cruise has finally arrived...well Saturday that is! I booked it last November and have been (borderline) obsessing over it since! I have spent the majority of my free time researching, planning and preparing for this trip. Yes I do believe I lost my sanity somewhere in the mall, or maybe you'll see it somewhere on these boards... If you happen to find it please return it to me...But you will have to wait until the 17th...I'll be unavailable 'till then ;-)

Happy Cruisin'

Babsee, I remember my first cruise. I was so excited. I am now taking my 8th cruise next month and am still excited. Cruising is very addictive. Have a great time.

Marilyn

my cruise is not untell 10./30/05, just would like to to know what everyone eles doese when its that far alway so you dont go cazy:eek:

I go to a good bookstore and look at books on the ports of call and then buy one and read it cover to cover. I start making packing lists and start looking for bargains on clothing if I need any additional clothes.

My honeymoon cruise isn't until January of 07! I get on here everyday and make lists, and I'm so excited!! I told people if the cruise was NEXT January it wouldn't be soon enought, let alone almost 2 years away!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one!! :eek:

I am very, very relieved to hear that I am not the only one that thinks of cruising 24/7 now that we have our wedding date set. I think my hubby thinks I'm nuts ;)

My honeymoon cruise isn't until January of 07! I get on here everyday and make lists, and I'm so excited!! I told people if the cruise was NEXT January it wouldn't be soon enought, let alone almost 2 years away!!

crzycick: haha and I thought I was going through agony. Our wedding is December 2006 and I'm already nuts, and I just started planning! I have been doing everything, keeping an eagle eye on prices, making registries, reading about the ports, shore excursions, ships, menus, I can't wait for my first cruise!

I couldn't stand it knowing that my next cruise wasn't until 2007. Even though we don't have any cruises booked, I sure hope we will go on a couple before then. The most in advance we've booked is nine months. Waiting for that one seemed like forever.

I do pretty much everything that has been mentioned here. I have a couple of dog eared copies of cruise brochures, one Princess and one Celebrity. I spend A LOT of time on the boards and I count, count, and count.

I find it so interesting that all of us that use these boards regularly are cruise-nuts and I wonder just what it is that we have in common that makes us do all of this? We have 51 days to go and booked 8 months ago, time does fly.

How nuts is this? I am starting to get upset because our cruise is next month and when it's over we will have to wait 9 months until our next one....:rolleyes: At times though I think maybe the time is going too fast?

• 4 weeks later...
Babsee, I remember my first cruise. I was so excited. I am now taking my 8th cruise next month and am still excited. Cruising is very addictive. Have a great time.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

Thanks so much for the well wish.

You are absolutely right! criusing is addictive.

I am back, have finished my photo al bums, and now I am looking for cruise#2.

However, no matter what I will never forget the first cruise what a wonderful experience!

Thanks again,

Barb

For me, I start a countdown on the calendar when we book our next cruise! This gives us something to look foward to. I always have to check out one of the cruising sites at work each day so I can daydream for a few minutes about the trip. The way I see it is, I'm just on an extended land excursion until I re-board!:p

Me too, criuisingurl079! I have a printed countdown calendar at work and one at home, and mark off each day before the next cruise. My hubby doesn't get much chance to check out the one here, so it's great for him to have the one at home. I love it when we pass the hundreds marks (i.e. 400 days, 300 days, 200 days, 100 days). It's just that last month that seems to really drag.

Happy cruising!

Pat :cool:

To get us through the planning and waiting stages, we have "Cruise Parties."

We have the recipe book from Royal Caribbean, so we'll make a dish. We'll also make a batch of whatever the island drink is or a favorite cruise cocktail.

It's a fun way to plan and sift through options.

Like everyone else said, come here to get ideas or just talk about cruising.

Or I'll dream about the cruise. I actually had a dream last night that we were on board the ship about to pull out, but some of my friends were with me that weren't actually going on the cruise, they were getting off before we left.

It was only 9:30 am and I asked everyone if they wanted something to drink. Everyone said they wanted a Sol, and I was thinking, so what if it is still morning, we're on vacation. Then my ten friends gave me the money to get the beer.......all in dimes and nickels!? :confused: :eek:

Hi,

You never have enough clothes or the right ones. I leave Sat 9th of May for Alaska (sun Princess).when I booked it in Nov I said to my self,

do not need any clothes. Ha Ha. I have bought almost everything NEW. It is

much more fun.So SHOP SHOP SHOP while you wait. It helps the economy.

We have to rationalize someway.

This is my 10th cruise.

These boards are great. I did not have my computer before and this is much more fun.

Archived