Perks at Meet & Mingle?

Fifth RCI cruise coming up in a couple weeks :D but have never posted on a roll call or gone to a meet & mingle. Are there any perks at the M&Ms besides the obvious -- meeting and mingling? ;) Was thinking freebies, give-aways, etc. Thanks!

They had prize drawings at ours, plus each person got a little RCCL "trinket". I think it was a pad & paper in a little pouch that you could hang around your neck. The prizes were ok. Things like RCCL logo stuff (hats, keychains, etc.). Plus they drew for a bottle of wine.

The drawings seem to be nice, we have seen bottles of wine, dinner at a specialty restaurant, internet minute package all being offered.

We received numerous gifts, bottles of wine, internet packages, excursions, etc.

This was on the Explorer. I received a $50 internet credit. Really nice, and we put together our cabin crawl after the meeting.

They had a raffle for my first on Indy. We were a big group, and a lot of people also did a (non-ship sponsored) gift exchange. My second cruise on Voyager last year was a very small meet and mingle. I don't recall RC giving anything away during that M&M. Both times we were given the pouch that hangs around your next with a pad and pen. It was delivered to our room with the M&M invite.

I actually won a bottle of champagne at ours.....and we got notepads, lanyards (which I don't use!), and pens.....little stuff like that.

They serve non-alcoholic punch and some finger foods.

I think M&Ms can vary according to ship and number of attendees.

I think M&Ms can vary according to ship and number of attendees.

Definitely are larger on transatlantics and repos. Something to do during all those sea days. We have over 100 registered for ours next May. Had about that many on our last TA. RC provided cake and punch in adidtion to door prizes and such. We did a gift exchange that featured items specific to our home location. We brought a snow globe and some wild rice.

But on Serenade, although we had signed up, we never made it and I suspect many others didn't either because it was scheduled mid-morning on a port day.

We had 90 at our M&M 2 weeks ago and had some really great prizes. There were four $50 internet packages and I think there were another couple of prizes that were for two 8x10 photos, a couple bottles of wine, a bottle of champagne and then everybody got a sort of wallet/id holder thingy. There were others too but I just can't remember.

M&M also offers you a chance to meet face to face those folks you've been chatting with leading up to your sailing. And depending on the group (not ship sponsored) there can be different things planned. We did a Cabin Crawl and a Slot Pull. Lots of fun. And like most things in life, the more you participate the more you can get out of life.

Erika

Fifth RCI cruise coming up in a couple weeks :D but have never posted on a roll call or gone to a meet & mingle. Are there any perks at the M&Ms besides the obvious -- meeting and mingling? ;) Was thinking freebies, give-aways, etc. Thanks!

I have found the Roll Calls and Meet and Mingles (whether RCI sponsored, or informal ones planned by the group) to really add to my cruise experience. I would strongly encourage any CCer to sign up and particpate. We've met many wonderful people and have stayed connected with more than a few even after the cruise.

Of course the highlight has been meeting Aquahound and Mrs. Aquahound in person, long before they hit it big with the Sea Turtle/Camera from Aruba story.

Last February on Voyager everyone received a logo tote bag. Very nice. They drew for other logo prizes. I won an even nicer logo bag.

The M&M was held the morning of the first day, a sea day, so they served juice and pastries.

It was nice and made me feel appreciated by RCI.

At the one this past summer on NOS no alcohol :(, but we did have a drawing for various logo stuff. I got some luggage tags, I think my SH got a pen/pencil set, my MIL got a nice little desktop organizer with colored paperclips etc. My DD got the nicest prize, a shoulder/body bag with the RCCL logo. She used it as an additional purse and was great for the rest of the cruise. It's waterproof so she used it a couple of times on our boat this summer too.

Yes...there are little freebies that some people go absolutely crazy about...the same sort of thing you could buy at a dollar store

Alicam that is too funny, but true! It brings out the kid in people "a free prize". After a few drinks and the excitement of starting your cruise it all starts to look like part of a treasure.

We were on the Liberty with you last March, we are looking forward to doing the Allure this March.

Butterfly625

At one M&M I won an RCL flash drive which I love and another time a bottle of white wine which was enjoyed as evening libations on our balcony.

We like meeting other cruisers and have formed trivia teams, found dinner mates, and joined tours with those that we met. At minimum there will be some familiar faces to say "Hello" to when you pass them in the WJ or on deck.

Free hor'doeuves

Free non alcoholic drinks usually

Free pen/pad paper

Drawing for free things

What our group for the meet n mingle when I did the Med cruise was each person brought a little something from where they were from. I got a magnet from Austrailia and a keychain. I also got a crystal glass from a shopping mall in Great Britian. It was fun when you picked out your gift. I had brought a Cubs and Bears tee shirts. Everyone had a blast with the gifts.

okay...ours was pretty large...don't even know how big.. but big. We had a luncheon in the main dining room with free flowing wine. And I mean free flowing. It was the best lunch I have ever had on a cruise. It had a menu kind of like the dinner where you select the items. EXCELLECT!!

Adventure of the Seas Transatlantic Nov. 2010

I would like to say there where about 50 at our last M&M. We had free bubbley, punch and finger foods. The CD brought about 10 door prizes. They consisted of 1 bottle of bubbley, beach towels, note pads, office supplies. We had a great time! The best part was meeting our CC members we had be in contact with on CC . Funny how folks post pictures of them from about 30 years ago. When we got to th M&M we had to figure out who matched the on line M&M profile pictures. I must say this did add to the fun of it all!

Earl & Kathy

Archived