Minisuite bathrooms

WannaCruiseSoon

It depends on the ship. The mini suites on the Sun are unlike any other, but bathrooms are fantastic! The tub/shower is large, wonderful. You get to it through a walk-in closet/vanity area.

On the other hand, mini suite bathrooms on the rest of the fleet are, I believe, the same module used for the lower end suites. Shower/bath on the left, sink in the middle, toilet on the right behind a divider. Not nearly as nice as the Sun or the higher end suites, but nicer than the other bathrooms.

I have seen pics here but can't find them now, maybe someone will repost.

Thank you roger001

That is what I needed, and even better they are from the Pearl and I am thinking of the Gem for next year so it would be the same as they are sister ships.

Looks like a mini suite won't work for us beacuse of the toilet area. WHY did NCL design their bathrooms like that?

We just got off the Gem 11/6 and had minisuite 11112. Room was under the tail end of the garden cafe and we never heard any noise from above. I'm a light sleeper and had no problems whatsover.

The bathroom does have the toilet in a "closet" so to speak with the glass doors to close for semi privacy. Tub had glass doors in 3 sections to close. Bathroom was standard size , nothing special. I liked having a tub but it was a higher than the ones at home.

Room was definetly larger then regular balcony rooms and our balcony deeper. We were quite happy and no complaints at all re: the room.

Thank you roger001

That is what I needed, and even better they are from the Pearl and I am thinking of the Gem for next year so it would be the same as they are sister ships.

Looks like a mini suite won't work for us beacuse of the toilet area. WHY did NCL design their bathrooms like that?

Thank you roger001...

I hear ya! Fortunately, inside cabins have an open design; i.e., no commode-in-a-cubbyhole. Might that work better for you?

Been on the Dawn and the Jewel. Found no difference in the minisuite bathroom area or the cabin itself. Ideal for two people. If you think about it, economically, why would a shipbuilder change a design when it works for them as it is a modular design and cheaper for them to replicate? Anyway......that being said......the Minisuite works for us. Your cabin choice is your's. Just sayin..............

The problem is with NCL in general

as Larger people the toilet in a "closet" does not work.

The gals I travel with each have certain size issues (myself included)

no way could we do a normal cabin bathroom and I feel guilty having to book a handicap cabin.

The inside rooms, while the toilet is open the showers dont work for us.

We have been getting a handicap balcony the past 2 years but were talking of tying a minisuite but looks like that won't work either.

This is the only "thing" I don't like about NCL.

no way could we do a normal cabin bathroom and I feel guilty having to book a handicap cabin.

We have been getting a handicap balcony the past 2 years but were talking of tying a minisuite but looks like that won't work either.

Honestly I am not trying to be rude but it doesn't sound like the problem is with NCL. :eek:

Yes some in my traveling party are too large for the toilet area.

No its not NCLs "fault" but NCL is the only line we have encountered a problem with the cabin bathrooms.

On other lines there have been issues with the public bathrooms. On NCL its the opposite, the public bathrooms are fine, but the cabin bathrooms pose a problem but so far we have only had this issue on the "jewel" class ships so not sure if the other classes are similar. (Only other NCL ship we did was the Majesty)

Yes some in my traveling party are too large for the toilet area.

No its not NCLs "fault" but NCL is the only line we have encountered a problem with the cabin bathrooms.

On other lines there have been issues with the public bathrooms. On NCL its the opposite, the public bathrooms are fine, but the cabin bathrooms pose a problem but so far we have only had this issue on the "jewel" class ships so not sure if the other classes are similar. (Only other NCL ship we did was the Majesty)

You might look at one of the family suites on deck 12 of the Star or the Dawn - bathrooms are wonderful. LOL staterooms themselves are wonderful but right now your concern is with the bathroom. There are two sinks, bathtub and a separate good sized shower with wonderful showerhead. The toilet is situated at far end of room with wide open space in front and room on either side of toilet.

On the Star the family suites with balcony sleep four, the family suites without balcony sleep 6.

You get full suite benefits for a nice price :)

I gotcha. The only thing I could suggest is a combination of the public restrooms and gym showers, but that'd be a hassle. I think you're best off doing what you've done in the past. Best of luck, however you decide to handle it.

The good news is, the upcoming Breakaway/Getaway design got rid of the toilets in a closet. The minisuite bathrooms in particular look awesome!

I am 6'5" tall and weigh 260 pounds. We went on the Jewel last year in a mini-suite and I had plenty of room.

We are booked on the Gem for next May in the same type of room. The balcony cabins have a smaller bathroom. We were on the Spirit 5 years ago and I was miserable in the bathroom in a balcony room. No leg room and I hit my head on the door. Made going to the bathroom an issue and ended up using the public area's.

There is plenty of room in a mini suite bathroom for any type of weight issue.

Your only other choice will be the new ship the Breakaway in 2013 when the bathroom configuration is completely different.

Thanks again everyone

yes the Breakaway ships look awesome~~

I have been eyeballing the 2 BR family suite. I am just not so sure about sharing the room with 5 or 6 as compared to 3 :eek:

And then there is the "other" problem with getting the suite.

I read once you experience the "Suite life" it is very hard to go back :p

Archived