Solstice-Which has the bigger balcony (9268 or 9270)?

seafood

We have 9268 booked for a 12 night Austrailia/New Zealand cruise in 12/12. I've read so much about the cabins on the hump so we're going to try one, but would like one with the large balcony. Right now, 9270 is also available.

Any pros or cons to either cabin, or any better 1A cabins on the hump?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

9270 is larger and has the advantage of being able to look down the length of the ship toward the back. I'd swap.

Phil

Thanks you for the quick response. When I called back, 9270 was no longer available, but I did change to Cabin 8230. Thoughts?

Thanks you for the quick response. When I called back, 9270 was no longer available, but I did change to Cabin 8230. Thoughts?

Yes, seafood. That's an equal swap to 9270. The balcony is very large (as opposed to just large!). If you have a look at page 9 of the picture link in my signature there are some shots of 2106 which whilst being on the other side of the hump gives you an idea of the balcony and view. It's a CC rather than a 1A, but is identical aside from having footstools on the balcony. Have a great cruise.

Phil

Is the shaded part of the balcony windy, or do the side walls block the wind?

Depending on where you sit, the side walls will give you some protection. not as much as the aft angle on the hump, but still fairly good. We had 9270 on Solstice and have it reserved again on Eclipse in the future. great cabin in a perfect location (for us at least)

Archived