First Ever Fort Lauderdale Departure of Liberty of the Seas?

will773

Liberty looks like it was scheduled at 1715, but delayed a bit. I watch the cam as well, but also check out the departure board from the port.

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

I am on Liberty on Dec 15th. first cruise ever. 33 days!

Great. One more website that I will now be addicted to checking.

Is anyone else listening to the webcam? There are some crewmembers from different ships talking to one another! It's interesting to hear what they're saying.

I have never heard people speaking when I have been watching the cam. Does it happen often?

Off the Liberty yesterday and the disembarkment did NOT go well. Some posters said they were not off untill almost Noon.....Some were blaming Customs...Some RCL......We were suppose to get off around 9:00 am and by 10:00 am I went to Guest relations and said we would miss our 12:10 flight if we could not get off NOW!!!.....We were luggage tag 19 and at 10:00 am...they were only on # 10......still did not get thru customs until 11:00 am after everything wes done. Rumor said it was mainly because not enough Customs agents...some said RCL was not prepared....who knows......We had a GREAT Cruise and Liberty is a BEAUTIFUL ship....so much to do but i can see she will get BEAT UP doing these 4 / 5 nighters. We only had 41 children out of the nearly 3550 passengers. I highly recommend the TA's if you want to relax and have a wonderful time. First time for the TA and am hooked. We are a youthful 52 and 53 year olds and took advantage of all of the Fun stuff to do on board. The first 7 day out of the 15 days on board went by so quick but the 7 sea days were wonderful......yes we got rocked to sleep several nights by BIG SWELLS....but that is what i like. I looked at some of the prices for the 4/5 nighters and they are almost 1.5 to 2 times the price we paid for an E1 Balcony.....so if you need to relax on a GREAT and FUN Ship...Try a TA...best time to book is when the sailings open in March / April....that would be 18 months out...but the roll calls are fun and you get to meet a lot of nice people.....oh ya....Complainers too.....Goes with Cruiseing.

Mike

HAVE FUN ON THE LIBERTY!! :):):)

I cannot believe that I am sitting here staring at a cruiseship! I am on the Liberty in 2 weeks on 11/26 so thats why I am doing this. Some people might say that I have too much time on my hands!!!

5:24pm There she goes..... See you in 2 weeks...

By the way, I did listen to the crewmembers talking.. cool..

You don't have too much spare time but you should join our "support group" called "Pre Cruise Obsession" thread. We are in the "Cruise Rituals" section. We like to think of it an "extending our cruise experience"...

And this link is too cool...I am going to post it there!

Donna

We just got off Liberty Saturday 11/12. If they were able to leave at the scheduled time Saturday evening, the embarkation process must have been seemless and extremely efficient as the disembarkation process earlier that day was a complete disaster! Hopefully future disembarkations will be much better, but given the RC and the Customs/Immigration staff's indifference, I wouldn't expect much.

We just got off Liberty Saturday 11/12. If they were able to leave at the scheduled time Saturday evening, the embarkation process must have been seemless and extremely efficient as the disembarkation process earlier that day was a complete disaster! Hopefully future disembarkations will be much better, but given the RC and the Customs/Immigration staff's indifference, I wouldn't expect much.

Departure was delayed, but not more than 2 hours, so embarkation must have gone pretty well. Shame about all the problems with debarking though.

Speaking of horn blowing. When we were leaving one of our Spanish Ports on Liberty a week ago , one of the sister ships was there and as we were leaving I think they honked back at each other at least 6 or 7 times. It was pretty funny.

Tom

Hi Lavenderr, I believe that was Tenerife in the Canary Islands and the other RC ship was Voyager. I agree, that was quite the exchange of horns going back and forth, and the passengers from each ship cheering and waving was also very energetic. Lots of fun. We also heard the horn exchange between QM2 and Liberty when the QM2 sailed away shortly after Voyager left.

Hi Lavenderr, I believe that was Tenerife in the Canary Islands and the other RC ship was Voyager. I agree, that was quite the exchange of horns going back and forth, and the passengers from each ship cheering and waving was also very energetic. Lots of fun. We also heard the horn exchange between QM2 and Liberty when the QM2 sailed away shortly after Voyager left.

That must have been a great thing to experience!

That must have been a great thing to experience!

It was, never heard anything like it. Voyager was parked aft of Liberty, and the QM2 was bow to bow with Liberty while in port. Voyager left first and started the toot fest with a three horn blasts and a fog horn toot, then Liberty tooted back with her series of blasts, then Voyager once again, then Liberty, with a final blast by Voyager. There were a couple of fog horn blasts intermixed as well. Lots of fun. The QM2 tooted once as she left the pier, and Liberty gave her a toot back. Liberty was the last to leave that evening.

Looking in restrospect, I wish I would have recorded. Maybe someone got it and can put a link up here or on youtube???

It was, never heard anything like it. Voyager was parked aft of Liberty, and the QM2 was bow to bow with Liberty while in port. Voyager left first and started the toot fest with a three horn blasts and a fog horn toot, then Liberty tooted back with her series of blasts, then Voyager once again, then Liberty, with a final blast by Voyager. There were a couple of fog horn blasts intermixed as well. Lots of fun. The QM2 tooted once as she left the pier, and Liberty gave her a toot back. Liberty was the last to leave that evening.

Looking in restrospect, I wish I would have recorded. Maybe someone got it and can put a link up here or on youtube???

I've looked at a lot of YouTube videos of horn battles. They are always awesome! I love the ones with the Disney ships, because they always win! They just play their musical horns, and everyone laughs. It's actually kind of funny.

When the Oasis sailed, did you all catch the two crazies with the huge "OASIS" banner ? (Koo-Kooooo!)

Yep I sure did cause I was one of those crazies. Had a great time waving to friends on the Oasis we met on the Liberty TA crossing. We had a great time watching as guests of the Port Everglades webcam owner at the cam location. It was their banner I was holding.

We also were crazy enough to stand in the dark and watch Liberty sail away as well. Imagine that:)

Yep, I was also there.....We were on the deck when Voyager left and it was an awesome moment.....I was thinking to myself when the horns were blowing.....This is why I Love to CRUISE!!

Here is me with the 3 ships behind me...In Tenerife......Voyager on the right.....Liberty behind me and the QM2 on the left.

Mike

006-3.jpg

Yep, I was also there.....We were on the deck when Voyager left and it was an awesome moment.....I was thinking to myself when the horns were blowing.....This is why I Love to CRUISE!!

Here is me with the 3 ships behind me...In Tenerife......Voyager on the right.....Liberty behind me and the QM2 on the left.

Mike

Wow! I would have loved to be there!

Mike

006-3.jpg

Hey Mike, good pic. I know I took a few from that location, I just haven't uploaded them to my computer yet:o. Probably a weekend project:cool:

Archived