Who purchased 17 future cruise certificates ?!?

Princesss

I just got back from our cruise. I bought 2, one for me and one for my daughter who was on the cruise. We are going to book 2 cabins next Thanksgiving with my husband and my other daughter.

It really is a great deal!!

I hope your daughters name is on the other one or at least your husbands otherwise you won't be able to use them for both cabins.

I got 2 of the future cruise certificates & the guy at the desk (JP?) said he sold a record 17 to one lady this week !! I said "does she live in Richardson Texas ?" & he said "I think so" LOLOL

Help me what are cruise certificates ? Is it where you buy a cruise while on the ship? We cruice a couple times a year & need all the help we can get.

Char

Help me what are cruise certificates ? Is it where you buy a cruise while on the ship? We cruice a couple times a year & need all the help we can get.

Char

Here's a link to all the info~

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

You buy a certificate for $100, go home book a cruise, use the online form to send the certificate info http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html no need to mail it in anymore~ and you will get $100 off the final payment and you will receive OBC from $50-$200 depending on the length of the cruise~

or if you know what cruise you want to book you can book onboard and you will get 2 Friends and Family certificates for F&F to use on the same cruise, but they only get the OBC~

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

You buy a certificate for $100, go home book a cruise, use the online form to send the certificate info http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html no need to mail it in anymore~ and you will get $100 off the final payment and you will receive OBC from $50-$200 depending on the length of the cruise~

or if you know what cruise you want to book you can book onboard and you will get 2 Friends and Family certificates for F&F to use on the same cruise, but they only get the OBC~

Thanks Allie will have to check into this: we have been dong a B2B at least once a year, the OBC would be nice.

Char :)

I got 2 of the future cruise certificates & the guy at the desk (JP?) said he sold a record 17 to one lady this week !! I said "does she live in Richardson Texas ?" & he said "I think so" LOLOL

I am a little uncomfortable with the fact that the guy at the desk actually hinted/suggested/said that someone from Richardson, Texas did indeed buy them.

OK OK...don't get bunched up about my comment....but seriously...do try and realize that personal info about a pax ...even without their name..but with the hometown...was given out to another pax...

just sayin'.......

I am a little uncomfortable with the fact that the guy at the desk actually hinted/suggested/said that someone from Richardson, Texas did indeed buy them.

OK OK...don't get bunched up about my comment....but seriously...do try and realize that personal info about a pax ...even without their name..but with the hometown...was given out to another pax...

just sayin'.......

most likely the person at the desk never said anything except that the number of FCCs bought in a single purchase and then the OP just assumed it was a person in texas because they are alot of cc users that live in/around the texas area

most likely the person at the desk never said anything except that the number of FCCs bought in a single purchase and then the OP just assumed it was a person in texas because they are alot of cc users that live in/around the texas area

very possible..but the guy at the desk did say I think so when asked about the town in Texas....

I recently relocated to another state......and have realized just how much info we do give out to complete strangers...even when we don't realize it......all in the name of trying to be nice....

nothing wrong with conversing btw.....

I myself don't give out all the correct info all the time either.....for example....I will say...the eastern suburbs versus the actual town name....

I will say the general field I am in...not the company name

just sayin'

Is that even possible? On the Ecstasy a few weeks ago you could only buy one per person in the Stateroom. We bought two which was the maximum. Tried to buy another when a different lady was there, but she said we already had two and couldn't sell us anymore.

We've bought 2 and used one for neices that do not share our last names. We paid for both rooms so that may have helped.

We booked a cruise on board and was given the OBC for each room we booked plus was given a similar certificate, for each room booked, for someone else to get the same amount of OBC we got as long as they booked on the same cruise.

Is that even possible? On the Ecstasy a few weeks ago you could only buy one per person in the Stateroom. We bought two which was the maximum. Tried to buy another when a different lady was there, but she said we already had two and couldn't sell us anymore.

They must have changed it. A couple of years ago we bought four...at the same time.

Haven't tried that many again though, last cruise we only bought two. And I agree with the poster who said it's a great deal ... it's basically free money.

We had two cabins on Valor last summer, and while on board put down deposits on two cabins on Magic for next summer (2012). I thought I would therefore be entitled to four Friends and Family certificates (i.e. 2 per cabin), but no... we only got one (total).

I questioned this with the guy at the Future Cruise desk, and he told me that he had been told by corporate that he could only issue a total of three credits per family. So, according to this policy, since we had two OBCs for the rooms we reserved, we could only get one Friends and Family certificate.

When we got home I checked Carnival's web site and could not find anything to support what he told me. However, it turned out that we didn't need the extras (apparently we aren't as popular as we thought we were :o and our friends and family didn't want to come after all...) so I never challenged this policy.

Just sayin, in case anyone else thinks they are going to get a bunch of FnF certificates...

Are they refundable if you don't use them? We have 2 with Princess that are good for 4 more years and are refundable if we don't use them. Our last cruise with them, if it was our first would probably have been our only cruise. It was that disappointing and we are Platinum with them.

Are they refundable if you don't use them? We have 2 with Princess that are good for 4 more years and are refundable if we don't use them. Our last cruise with them, if it was our first would probably have been our only cruise. It was that disappointing and we are Platinum with them.

Yes they are refundable

Should have quoted -- "This just got me wondering - is there any benefit to buying more than one at a time if they are for yourself? Couldn't you just buy one on each subsequent cruise? Unless you wanted to put down 17 deposits at once... "

I think so. We are planning to buy 2 FCC's this month on the Dream to use on 2 different back to back cruises in Nov 2012.

But, we could never afford to do 17 cruises over the next 2 years, ever. :eek:

This just got me wondering - is there any benefit to buying more than one at a time if they are for yourself? Couldn't you just buy one on each subsequent cruise? Unless you wanted to put down 17 deposits at once...

Really none that I can think of, unless your next 16 cruises are planned on ships that don't have them.

I certainly hope the person in question didn't by the 17 to give out to friends and family otherwise she is in for a big surprise.

We bought one in October, and we're using it in January, but I really thought that the presentation mentioned something about being able to purchase additional for friends that might travel with us on a future cruise.

Did I hear that incorrectly?

gary

Should have quoted -- "This just got me wondering - is there any benefit to buying more than one at a time if they are for yourself? Couldn't you just buy one on each subsequent cruise? Unless you wanted to put down 17 deposits at once... " <snip>

Wish we had purchased two on the Dream last month, as we planned to use the one that we did buy for the Splendor on a cruise in January.

All of a sudden we're cruising in December and already used our certificate.

Think we'll buy two next time, as they are fully refundable.

gary

Archived