Voyager of the Seas

SASMITH

Anyone just come back this past weekend...and how things went?

We just got off this past Saturday. We also got off Voyager 4 weeks ago from the transatlantic. Our disembarkation experience this past week was significantly better than 4 weeks ago. It appeared to me that the luggage offloading process was going much faster this time. We walked out of the dining room at 8:15am and got to the airport at 9:15am.

We just got off this past Saturday. We also got off Voyager 4 weeks ago from the transatlantic. Our disembarkation experience this past week was significantly better than 4 weeks ago. It appeared to me that the luggage offloading process was going much faster this time. We walked out of the dining room at 8:15am and got to the airport at 9:15am.

Well I am glad to hear things are getting better. I was very nervous about this port. I have never been to this port and worried on going out of here instead of Port Canaveral. So what shuttle did you use to get back to the airport?

We disembarked Voyager on Saturday.

As we were leaving the Windjammer one evening, DH said he was going to stop at the restroom. I said, "Oh wait! Here's the camera, take photos of the urinal"

He looked at me like I was crazy, and said, "I'm not taking photos of a urinal!"

After a few minutes, he came out and said, "Okay....give me the camera....it is unique" :D:D:D

That is so funny, I 'll never forget when my husband saw it the first time on the Mariner. So did you have a great time on the Voyager?

Well I am glad to hear things are getting better. I was very nervous about this port. I have never been to this port and worried on going out of here instead of Port Canaveral. So what shuttle did you use to get back to the airport?...

We used a taxi. Taxi's were plentiful and they have a flat rate from downtown to the airport. I believe the cost was $33 for 1 or 2 people, and $14 per person for 3 or more people. It seems like almost every taxi was either a minivan or suburban type vehicle. We had 4 people in our group and used a minivan taxi.

As we were approaching the taxi stand, someone offered us a ride in a shared shuttle for $12 per person, so there are other options.

I recommend you get off the ship early, no matter when your flight is scheduled. Even though our disembarkation was very good, they still have chokepoints in the terminal and traffic issues around the terminal, and you want to be gone before the new cruisers start arriving.

Bob

That is so funny, I 'll never forget when my husband saw it the first time on the Mariner. So did you have a great time on the Voyager?

It was okay. It wasn't one of our better cruises. We weren't really impressed by the crew on this particular sailing. And we aren't huge fans of this particular size class of ship.

We had sort of a rocky start even before the cruise, and as you know crew members change all the time, and everyones experiences and perceptions are different.

I'm sure your cruise will be wonderful! :D:):D

thanks everyone, and will take the advice to get off the ship early. I am still thinking of the tour that take you around the city and then takes you back to the airport....but I think that will depend on if I get to see much the day before the cruise.

I am use to this class...cause the sister ship the Mariner I just loved had been on it 5 times. So had thought I would like this one also. But the port is what my concern was.

Now I do know crew can be so different and if also there is alot of new on the ship rotation that week.

We were just really unimpressed by the crew. We felt that the waiters struggled to get our food out to us in the dining room and every night forgot half of what we ask for. We weren't high maintenance...just needed a soda for the kids or butter! The staff weren't friendly like on Carnival cruises we have taken. Everyone looked angry and seemed annoyed if you asked for help. We got absolutely NO help at picture time with getting our kids to smile. Again, all void of a personality. There were a couple friendly staff but that was about it that we came across. And since I'm complaining...the food wasn't very good. I was not impressed at all. That was our first RC cruise and I don't think we will do it again. We spent a ton of money and didn't feel like we left having the time of our lives type of vacation. I heard a lot of folks complaining about the same things, so I don't think we were alone. Happy Holidays!

Wow, we got off Voyager on Dec. 17 and had a great cruise. I thought that the crew was very friendly. Everybody has their own ideas, but other than a couple items, the food was very good. The ship looked beautiful. We were traveling with my 4 year old granddaughter and she loved Adventure Ocean.

Well glad to hear someone did think it was a nice cruise.....

I sure hope it is not the worst one we've taken due to we are taking another couple for their first cruise. I have been telling them how great it is for the past 6 years and finally got them going!

I know everyone has their own expectations and levels of happiness.

Guess I will find out soon just under a month to go and I will be on the ship!:D

I was on the Voyager in Nov. 2011 and was the only person using that toilet a couple of times. I couldn't figure out why there was no urinal until about the third time someone else came in and used the "wall urinal".

I was on the Voyager in Nov. 2011 and was the only person using that toilet a couple of times. I couldn't figure out why there was no urinal until about the third time someone else came in and used the "wall urinal".

Same here.

That restroom was already interesting before the wall. It had windows right next to the urinals so you would have this great view outside while doing your business. I went into the restroom in March 2010 after Voyager's drydock, and was confused because urinals were gone. Took a while to realize what that decorative wall was doing there.

FYI the parking and boarding problem on the first day was caused by the fact the convention center was also hoisting the Helen Brett jewelry show .... that show attracts about 20 K of people .... boarding from what I hear is getting better.

I'll let you know soon, we leave Saturday.

PG

FYI the parking and boarding problem on the first day was caused by the fact the convention center was also hoisting the Helen Brett jewelry show .... that show attracts about 20 K of people .... boarding from what I hear is getting better.

I'll let you know soon, we leave Saturday.

If you could let us know how the boarding goes I would appreciate it. We Leave on her on 1/14. Hope all (most) of the kinks are worked out by then.:D

Wow, we got off Voyager on Dec. 17 and had a great cruise. I thought that the crew was very friendly. Everybody has their own ideas, but other than a couple items, the food was very good. The ship looked beautiful. We were traveling with my 4 year old granddaughter and she loved Adventure Ocean.

It has nothing to do with ideas and everything to do with personal experiences and perceptions onboard. :D You didn't experience what I did. Your great cruise will be someone else's not-so-great cruise.

Both opinions are just as valid. :D:):D

Hi

have made a booking for the Voyager for dec 2012 Can any one tell me if the balcony cabin on deck 7 has clear glass or filled in with timber railing

Thanks

Cruise Love

On deck 7, the sea facing balcony wall is lower half metal and upper half clear. The side walls are all metal.

I found that I actually liked the metal balconies on Voyager. They are very private. :D

We thought the same thing. We had friends with us who had only been on Freedom and second gen Voyager ships, and they preferred the privacy on Voyager.

Archived