Help! Computer illiterate! Need printing help!

PS90

Hi Everybody,

I am hoping for a little bit of computer-related help here. I apologize if this is a basic, rookie computer problem.

I am trying to print part of my E-docs - the FAQ page that specifically says that AQ pax are Smart Casual and Above full-time in Blu (just in case the maitre d' at Blu hasn't yet gotten the memo).

The problem is that whatever the program they have the E-docs downloaded onto does not print well. When printing, it only prints the 2/3 (or so) of the page in the top-left corner. And (of course) the sentence about Blu being Smart Casual is cut-off when printed. And clicking "Fit to Page" on my Print Menu makes NO difference - it's still cut-off.

I noticed that there is a link to print a "printer-friendly", Adobe version of the E-docs, but that version is very stripped-down and only gives your vital info and cruise contract - there are no FAQ's on the Adobe version.

So, basically, I need a little help from any computer nerds (uhhh...I mean...computer geniuses :D) that can give me advice on how to print this thing. If I can't do it, I don't think it will be the end of the world, but I don't plan on bringing a formal jacket, and would rather not be forced to wear an old, grimy one :(.

Thanks!

In future you might want to provide the browser and browser version you are using, e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or FireFox 3.2.

You should be able to highlight the text you want printed by placing the mouse at the start of the text then pressing and holding down your left mouse button and dragging the mouse until all of the text you want is highlighted. Then release the mouse button and do one of the following:

1. Move the mouse over some of the highlighted text, click the right mouse button to bring up a "context" menu. If Print is on that menu click on it. When the Print window appears look at the Print Range section, bottom, and pick Selection. Click Print.
  2. If you have menu options along the top of your browser window see if one of them has a sub-menu with Print on it. Likely the main level menu will be labeled File, but this really depends on your browser and how it is configured. Click on Print, in the Print Range section select Selection and click Print.

I can't provide any instructions on printing the entire page since I'm not booked on Celebrity and don't know how I could get the page you describe.

Hi Everybody,

I am hoping for a little bit of computer-related help here. I apologize if this is a basic, rookie computer problem.

I am trying to print part of my E-docs - the FAQ page that specifically says that AQ pax are Smart Casual and Above full-time in Blu (just in case the maitre d' at Blu hasn't yet gotten the memo).

The problem is that whatever the program they have the E-docs downloaded onto does not print well. When printing, it only prints the 2/3 (or so) of the page in the top-left corner. And (of course) the sentence about Blu being Smart Casual is cut-off when printed. And clicking "Fit to Page" on my Print Menu makes NO difference - it's still cut-off.

I noticed that there is a link to print a "printer-friendly", Adobe version of the E-docs, but that version is very stripped-down and only gives your vital info and cruise contract - there are no FAQ's on the Adobe version.

So, basically, I need a little help from any computer nerds (uhhh...I mean...computer geniuses :D) that can give me advice on how to print this thing. If I can't do it, I don't think it will be the end of the world, but I don't plan on bringing a formal jacket, and would rather not be forced to wear an old, grimy one :(.

Thanks!

Hi PS90:

I just received E-docs for an upcoming cruise and printed off the Evening Dress Codes page with no problem, from the full on-line version (not from the scaled-down PDF version).

Here is what I did, step-by-step:

1. Opened the email that contained the link to my e-docs.

2. Clicked on the link that says "Click here to access your e-Docs".

3. When the screen opened onto the full online version of my edocs, I clicked on the printer icon in the bottom right-hand corner.

4. This brought up a listing of all of the pages in my eDocs, containing a "check-off" box for each individual page.

5. I scrolled down and placed a check-mark in the box for page 17 (I had previously located the page with the Evening Dress Code information).

6. Clicked on the PRINT button located in the bottom right-hand corner of that particular window that lists all the pages to be printed.

7. This brought up the PRINT window from my computer, and I hit PRINT on that window, and the full page 17 (with all Dress Code details) printed out.

I use Internet Explorer as my browser.

I hope this will work for you.

In future you might want to provide the browser and browser version you are using, e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or FireFox 3.2.

You should be able to highlight the text you want printed by placing the mouse at the start of the text then pressing and holding down your left mouse button and dragging the mouse until all of the text you want is highlighted. Then release the mouse button and do one of the following:

1. Move the mouse over some of the highlighted text, click the right mouse button to bring up a "context" menu. If Print is on that menu click on it. When the Print window appears look at the Print Range section, bottom, and pick Selection. Click Print.
  2. If you have menu options along the top of your browser window see if one of them has a sub-menu with Print on it. Likely the main level menu will be labeled File, but this really depends on your browser and how it is configured. Click on Print, in the Print Range section select Selection and click Print.

I can't provide any instructions on printing the entire page since I'm not booked on Celebrity and don't know how I could get the page you describe.

Thanks very much, broberts, but the program that Celebtiry is using isn't allowing any kind of highlighting or selecting. And sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using Firefox 8.0.

Hi PS90:

I just received E-docs for an upcoming cruise and printed off the Evening Dress Codes page with no problem, from the full on-line version (not from the scaled-down PDF version).

Here is what I did, step-by-step:

1. Opened the email that contained the link to my e-docs.

2. Clicked on the link that says "Click here to access your e-Docs".

3. When the screen opened onto the full online version of my edocs, I clicked on the printer icon in the bottom right-hand corner.

4. This brought up a listing of all of the pages in my eDocs, containing a "check-off" box for each individual page.

5. I scrolled down and placed a check-mark in the box for page 17 (I had previously located the page with the Evening Dress Code information).

6. Clicked on the PRINT button located in the bottom right-hand corner of that particular window that lists all the pages to be printed.

7. This brought up the PRINT window from my computer, and I hit PRINT on that window, and the full page 17 (with all Dress Code details) printed out.

I use Internet Explorer as my browser.

I hope this will work for you.

Elena, thanks so much for the help. Basically, I did the exact same thing as you did, and I only got about 2/3 of a page. The bottom and right-hand 2 or 3 inches are cut-off. I notice that you used IE, though, so maybe that's my problem, or maybe it's just my printer that's weird.

Thanks again for all the help!

Thanks very much, broberts, but the program that Celebtiry is using isn't allowing any kind of highlighting or selecting. And sorry, I forgot to say that I'm using Firefox 8.0.

Elena, thanks so much for the help. Basically, I did the exact same thing as you did, and I only got about 2/3 of a page. The bottom and right-hand 2 or 3 inches are cut-off. I notice that you used IE, though, so maybe that's my problem, or maybe it's just my printer that's weird.

Thanks again for all the help!

Well, let me know if you are able to print it out. If not, I can mail you the one here that I printed. I'm sure it's generic to all cruises (there is no identifying information on this page).

I see you are in Washington state, so we are neighbours. If you would like me to send you my print copy, you can send your address to my email address that is included in my signature.

Good luck with the printing!

Well, let me know if you are able to print it out. If not, I can mail you the one here that I printed. I'm sure it's generic to all cruises (there is no identifying information on this page).

I see you are in Washington state, so we are neighbours. If you would like me to send you my print copy, you can send your address to my email address that is included in my signature.

Good luck with the printing!

Elena,

Thanks so much for your generosity. I am going to try using IE and maybe a different computer or printer and see what happens.

Thanks again. Great to meet great people on these boards!

In FireFox Print -> Page Setup you can try setting Scale to something less than 100, even when you have Scale to fit page checked this sometimes makes a difference. I don't use FF that much but in checking I see that I have scale set to 60.

You can also try checking the Print background (colors & images) option.

Thanks again to Elena and broberts for all your help!

I tried your suggestion, broberts about setting the scale, and it sort of worked. If I had played with it more, it would certainly have fixed the issue. Thanks again for the idea.

However, since Elena noted that she used IE, and I have that as my "back-up" browser, I tried printing it with that, and it printed perfectly.

So, again, thanks to all!

Thanks again to Elena and broberts for all your help!

I tried your suggestion, broberts about setting the scale, and it sort of worked. If I had played with it more, it would certainly have fixed the issue. Thanks again for the idea.

However, since Elena noted that she used IE, and I have that as my "back-up" browser, I tried printing it with that, and it printed perfectly.

So, again, thanks to all!

Glad it worked out for you. :)

Regardless of what the edocs, web site, and Celebrity customer service says you might still have an issue. I'm not sure waving the page at the maitre d' will help much.

Look at this recent thread from today on Blu dress code and the fact that Formal is still observed there on formal nights:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1518615

If I were you I'd just bring a jacket.

Regardless of what the edocs, web site, and Celebrity customer service says you might still have an issue. I'm not sure waving the page at the maitre d' will help much.

Look at this recent thread from today on Blu dress code and the fact that Formal is still observed there on formal nights:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1518615

If I were you I'd just bring a jacket.

Larry, I respectfully disagree. I read that thread as well, but I can't see any way that the e-doc that we get from the cruiseline prior to cruising can be refuted once on-board. If they question it, I absolutely plan to wave my e-doc in their face - how are they supposed to dispute a written document from their home office? I am thrilled that this change occurred, and certainly am not going to shlep around a jacket, just in case.

Archived