Booking excursions without Concierge suite

Threechicks

I was concerned about booking excursions for my two May cruises as I am Gold but fell between the cracks when Regent picked May 30 to commence their program There was no need to worry as I was able to book all that I wanted. Overall there were only two or three excursions sold out but they weren't on my list.

Regent knew more about excursion capacity than all the experts here? All that fretting, teeth-gnashing, Regent-blasting, doom-anticipation for naught? Much ado about nothing? On the CC Regent board??? Who'da thunk it?! ;);)

Threechicks, glad to hear it all worked out for you.

-- Eric

Eric, you are so right. All that teeth gnashing was for naught, as I kept predicting, but have to admit, that until I booked for my April cruise (not being under concierge OR new policy) I was a bit on edge, but it all turned out well.

Really glad that Threechicks was able to get all the excursions she wanted.

Not planning on starting all the controversy again however, one cruise report does not support either position. There were 2 or 3 excursions sold-out that luckily weren't on Threechicks list. Also, Regent thought enough about the situation to extend the early booking to Silver and above.

Am not saying the change is either good or bad. It is simply a no decision and will probably never be determined to be a bad thing or not. With Silver and above now being allowed to book early along with the concierge passengers, the issue is muddied again and we will never be able to reach a clear conclusion.

My comment about booking excursions was for information only. There was no intention to start another controversy about the program. There has always been at least one excursion that is sold out when I go to book for a cruise so I'm not blaming the Concierge program. I'm happy.

Archived