booking 2 cabins at one rate

pudy68

Hi - I need to book two cabins, one for seniors, and one for previous RCCL cruisers. There are no discounts for us previous cruisers on this particular itinerary, however, the seniors are getting a great rate. I've had 2 different TA's suggest that we book one senior in each room, and then swap once on board. Is this a legitimate practice?:confused:

Thanks!

Hi Janet,

Thx for the reply. What exactly would i tell the purser's desk? Ask them to swap people's names that are in each room, or ask them to change the credit card # associated with 2 of the 4 names? I'm not clear on how I should word my request.

Yes, they can change everything over.

Sidenote: Royal does not offer "past guest" rates. That is why you found none on this sailing.

FWIW - RCCL does have balcony discounts for some levels of Past Guests (Platinum and higher I believe).

just tell them that Mr A and Mrs A, now want to share a cabin and do Mr b and Mrs B, the 2 people changing will need to go to guest services together. Not a problem, done all the time

:rolleyes: Am I the only one that thinks this would have made a hilarious "I Love Lucy" show? :p

Hi - I need to book two cabins, one for seniors, and one for previous RCCL cruisers. There are no discounts for us previous cruisers on this particular itinerary, however, the seniors are getting a great rate. I've had 2 different TA's suggest that we book one senior in each room, and then swap once on board. Is this a legitimate practice?:confused:

Thanks!

Yes absolutely - done all the time.

Hi Janet,

Thx for the reply. What exactly would i tell the purser's desk? Ask them to swap people's names that are in each room, or ask them to change the credit card # associated with 2 of the 4 names? I'm not clear on how

should word my request.[/quote

Don't tell them anything other than you have switched cabins, they really don't want to know

When checking in for your set sail pass - you can set your charges up to "link" to the correct cabins no matter how your res is set up.

Hmmm, that confuses me a little because I thought the cc is linked to the person, not the cabin. Only read further if you are willing to hold my hand patiently through this...:D This is what I am thinking I should do (correct me please).

This is my end game, which we all understand:

cabin 1: DH A & DW A, both linked to cc A

cabin 2: DH B & DW B, both seniors, both linked to cc B

I should make the reservation as:

cabin 1: DH A & DW B

cabin 2: DH B & DW A

When we check in at the terminal:

DH A & DW B should check in, each with their own respective cc #.

DH B & DW A should check in, using the same 2 respective cc #'s.

At the purser's desk:

DW A & DW B should ask to switch rooms

Is this correct?

Actually....when you do your online checkin, you can simply indicate which credit card will be used for each person.

As an example: Bill and I are sailing with my Mom and her friend. When I booked, I put myself in one cabin with my Mom and Bill in another cabin with Mom's friend to take advantage of our C&A discount. But...when I checked in online, I linked Bill and I to one credit card, and my mother and friend to their credit card. You have that capability when you check in online.

When we board, I will go to guest services and get our sea passes switched to simply unlock our respective cabins...the onboard charges will be going to the correct owners.

Hope this helps. By the way, I have done this before on a prior sailing so I know it works.

Deb

Deb,

Don't I have to present the cc at the terminal, too? If memory serves me correctly, I thought it was part of the check in, even though I had already put it in online. Maybe I'm too foggy, though, but at least I know what to try! Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to all for their patience with me. :D

In the cases where we are doing this "switcho-chango" shift after we get on the ship, it just ends up being easier if the accounts are all set up as "CASH" when doing the online check-in. Then, after boarding, take the appropriate credit cards to the Guest Services desk and have them applied to the accounts after the room changes are made. Less chance of errors this way.

Right..they only ask for last four digits, but its mainly about who is taking responsibility for those charges. For Bill and I, I had to indicate me...for Mom and friend, I had to indicate who was the "owner" of their card. If they had decided to charge a card for each of them..that is also possible.

Its all about the folio number anyway (folio # is where the charges are credited.) Bill and I will have one folio and Mom and friend will have another.

Even if its messed up, Guest Services can straighten it out. As a previous poster mentioned, it might be easier to just get an extra room key if you have minors.

We have a friend who lives down the street who is an avid cruiser and doesn't cruise anything but RCI (D+ as well). One night during an after dinner conversation he was telling about a conversation with a RCI rep about a up coming cruise where he was booking two balcony rooms, one for him and DW and the other for their DD and family. He launched into a tirade about how the rep was trying to put him in one room and his wife in the other room.... "the rep must be stupid... what are they thinking... blah, blah.... I'm not spending the whole cruise with by wife in the other room." I then told him the rep was trying get him the balcony discount on both rooms and they switch back once onboard. He then got a pretty blank look on his face. We then changed the subject and I to this day don't know if he ultimately put in DW in other room and then switch back after boarding. That certainly was an instance where he wasn't the brightest bulb in the sign;).

Archived