How do I contact CD before cruise?

socialworker

We're requesting a listing for a "passenger facilitated" Bible Study. Last year (Golden/Hawaii 1/19/11) we saw such a listing in the Patter, so we went. There was about 30-40 participants each day and all agreed that it was time well spent. We met on sea days only, late morning, in Skywalkers.

We just facilitated such a gathering on the Emerald (10/19/11) and although it was scheduled at a less than ideal time slot (9:00 am), and we had fewer sea days, there were about 15 participants. The CD had been kind enough to list it in the Patter.

So...how do I communicate with the CD for the Golden on 1/18/12?

Thank you. We contacted Jan James but apparently she only handles group activities for established groups, not something that would be open to all interested passengers. I think I need to find out who the CD will be and then email that person. But I'll keep Ms. James' info for future reference.

We had an interesing discussion with a CD (different ship) about the ship surpporting passenger-based activities. This happened because a friend on the ship wanted to arrange some photo workshops (he is a digital photography expert). The CD (and this was over dinner) told us that CDs do not generally like to give any support to passenger-based activities because there are a limited number of venues and it opens up a pandoras box. Think about it. If you are on a ship with 3000 passengers and 20 of them want to organize activities what would they do? Or, if they give you a daily posting and venue for a Bible study group, then they would be in a bad postion when somebody wanted to organize a Torah study group and another passenger wanted a Quran group, etc. And by the way, our photo friend did finally get a room for a one time class (and this was on a 40+ day cruise) but it was during lunch time. The kicker was he wanted an overhead projector and was told that he would have to pay a fee to use the projector :)

Hank

To my knowledge the CDs do not have public facing emails (flastname@princesscruises.com). The ships do have general mailboxes (not sure what they are offhand so maybe an email addressed to the CD will get through in that box.

The email for the ships is shipname@princesscruises.com so for this request, it would be Goldenprincess@princesscruises.com

Put Attention Cruise Director in the subject line.

Archived