Red Eye to NYC Day Before...Hotel Check-in Question

marelind

Our cruise departs from NYC on a Saturday. I would like to visit the 911 memorial and do a little sightseeing on Friday. So I would like to fly in from the West Coast on Thursday. Usually we would fly in on Thursday arriving between 10 pm and midnight, go to the hotel and get a good night's sleep.

I'm exploring the option of taking a red eye and getting in at 6-8 am on Friday morning. How do you handle it with the hotel? Will they let you check in? (This seems doubtful to me.) Do you have to leave your bags with the bellman and have no place to settle, clean up, etc. until the afternoon check in time?

All hotels we've ever stayed at will let you check in. If a room is available they will give it to you. Sometimes that happens. Otherwise, they will hold your bags for you.

Just be sure that you do not leave any valuables (jewelry, passports, etc.) in the bags you have them store for you.

Keith

I fly the red eyes out of LAX into NYC almost monthly. Only a couple of hotels will let me check in very early WITHOUT paying for the night before.

But MOST REQUIRE I pay for the night before (like you normally would). I just notify them that I am on a red eye and won't be checking in until 7-8AM (me and the air crew). NEVER a problem IF the room is paid for the night before.

Archived